Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I'm having a strange occasional issue after the 1.4.1.1 update.

My Pre is sometimes very slow to wake up, and after it does, I get a Luna restart 1-3 seconds after I see the background. Very strange and there is no consistent preceding event. Sometimes it happens when it was charging, sometimes not. Sometimes there are apps open, sometimes not.
    It's happening only once every 2-3 days, so not a HUGE deal, but annoying.

Anyone else seeing this or have a solution?
    Last edited by Trident; 04/10/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

My Pre is sometimes very slow to wake up, and after it does, I get a Luna restart 1-3 seconds after I see the background. Very strange and there is no consistent preceding event. Sometimes it happens when it was charging, sometimes not. Sometimes there are apps open, sometimes not.
    It's happening only once ever 2-3 days, so not a HUGE deal, but annoying.

If you hve Preware and the package service installed then remove them. Preware is causing the phone a lot of issues.
    I am running Preware with 36 patches and am not having this issue, strange how some are having it with Preware and some are not.
    See here: http://forums.precentral.net/2362802-post4.html

Hardbeatz is a Palm employee. Send him a PM and he'll tell you how to get a log file to him.
    supposedly it happens when u install anything from preware...not when u run preware but when u install anything from there....i got preware installed and run it 2 c wut i need to update...when i do i run a luna restart after always...anyways i havent had this bug happen to me since i found out a (sorta) workaround which is the one i just said...so if u update something on preware....app, patch w.e just do a luna restart and u (should) be good to go...i have only experienced this bug maybe 3 times since upgrading to 1.4.1.1 and havent seen it since...good luck ppl
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

It's happening only once ever 2-3 days, so not a HUGE deal, but annoying.

I've had this problem several times myself since 1.4.1.1. While others have said it is tied to Preware, I can say that I find no relationship between the two (as I have had it happen when I had not been in Preware for several days). As you say it doesn't happen all the time (has probably happened to me 5 times or so) so not really a big deal, just frustrating.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Interesting comments.
    I've been using Preware for quite a while and on all previous versions and never seen this issue. It definitely only started after the 1.4.1.1 upgrade, but it's also true that there has been at least one Preware upgrade since then.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I just got everything done on my Pre and installed the 800Mhz patch.
    I DARE this Pre to screw up now. Amazing what a difference a little bit of script can do. I'm hoping that it stops it from resetting as well.

I already noticed that the Pre was running a little warm before the patch (and after the 1.4.1.1 update), so I figured, what the heck?

Not any warmer...
  9. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I had the issue with 1.4, and 1.4.1, not sure if I had it with 1.3.5.1. I have removed Preware and it hasn't happened to me since, knock on wood.
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    Its happening to me every few days. I have preware installed, it happens even if i havent opened preware during that particular day. Not sure whats up..... Its annoying for sure, Happened today while using music remix...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I have had the same problem lately. I've had preware for 6 months with no problems. I do think it started after the last upgrade of the OS, but it is possible it started after the last preware upgrade.

This is more than mildly annoying because I'm waiting for phone calls or need to use my phone and it reboots. It takes a long time for Pre to do a full reboot. And you don't know you have a problem until you need the phone. Even more annoying if you need to get it to wake up when you're trying to drive with the phone on Bluetooth.

Given my symptoms, I have two theories about what is happening. I don't know which is true.

The phone is asleep and then turns off (doesn't seem to take calls, for example). I try to wake it (as above) and it eventually resets.

OR

The phone goes to sleep. I try to wake it up by pushing the button. Nothing. I push again. Nothing. I push longer. Nothing or reboot. Is it the button pushing that's triggering normal reboot or was it not waking up and the button finally wakes it enough to reboot? Don't know.

I am going to try to differentiate between the button pushing an reset by adding a tweak to wake up with slider. There must be one in preware.