1.    #1  
    So I've been wondering now for about 2 months (well ever since i seen the plus commercial) If it would be possible to use apps from the PALM PRE PLUS on the original PALM PRE. Apps such as the one stated on the PLUS to turn your pre into a mobile hot spot are the ones I'm specifically inquiring about. And if this has not been done we should go about getting this done this would mean no more my tether just to speak on the least of the possibilities.
    If you search the forum there are multiple solutions, and yes they have even gotten the verizon one onto Sprint's.

There is no real difference between the Pre and Pre Plus App-wise, they can run the same stuff, the only difference is what Mobile providers have asked to supply or restricted on their networks, namely the hot spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by docktanate View Post
    So I've been wondering now for about 2 months (well ever since i seen the plus commercial) If it would be possible to use apps from the PALM PRE PLUS on the original PALM PRE. Apps such as the one stated on the PLUS to turn your pre into a mobile hot spot are the ones I'm specifically inquiring about. And if this has not been done we should go about getting this done this would mean no more my tether just to speak on the least of the possibilities.
    The mobile hotspot app you're talking is exclusive to the Pre Plus and comes pre-installed on the phone as designed by Palm and approved by Verizon. The Sprint Pre does not come with a mobile hotspot app designed or approve by Sprint or Palm.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    The mobile hotspot app you're talking is exclusive to the Pre Plus and comes pre-installed on the phone as designed by Palm and approved by Verizon. The Sprint Pre does not come with a mobile hotspot app designed or approve by Sprint or Palm.
    That's true, but it's very easy to get Mobile Hotspot on a Sprint Pre. I'll try to find some links.
    Dont' bother, the mods will remove the links and close the thread. It has been stated, several times, that you cannot post information regarding reverse engineering the Verizon Mobile Hotspot app onto another Pre.
    Oh no he d'int (didn't)!!!
  7.    #8  
    Thanks Yall preciate it