Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, I just got my Palm Pre Plus last night, this is the first Palm I have ever owned. I am a former BlackBerry owner. Just wanting to say hey to everyone. So far, the grass is greener on this side. I do have one complaint, maybe if someone could help me out...Is there a way to manually lock and unlock the screen? I went to the screen lock options and didn't see anything and I definitely don't want my phone sitting in my pocket waiting to lock on its own. I also am having trouble finding Pandora Radio in the app catalog. Do I need to download the app from Pandora's website or what? Thanks everyone. Glad to be here.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    press power button to lock

did you try to search for pandora in app catalog? It should be in there.

welcome to the pre..
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Pushing the power button will lock your phone. It also turns on the screen to unlock your phone without having to slide it open.

When you open the App Catalog, type Pandora in the top white bar labeled Search then click enter. It will bring up Pandora in the results.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for replying so quickly guys. I have already tried searching the app catalog in the manner you have specified and I was still unable to find it. I will try again.
  5.    #5  
    Ok. I opened the app catalog and typed "Pandora." The three apps that came up were Awake2Music, James Cameron's Avatar and Made Simple for WebOS.
    welcome to webOS (operating system for Palm Pre), some terms you might run into while on this forum:

webOS Doctor (is an application that allows you to erase everything off your phone and reinstall original installation of operating system.)

webOS Quick Install (used to install homebrew applications on your phone)

Preware (another way to install homebrew applications on your phone w/ out having to connect it to a pc. can only be installed through quick install)

i hope you enjoy your new phone, i have a blackberry as a work phone, once you get the hang of webOS everything else will seem like a POS lol.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  7.    #7  
    Also, I am trying to update to WebOS 1.4 - Do I need to leave the updates app open in card view or something to continue downloading? Is there a way I can check on the progress of my downloads?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonarms View Post
    Thanks for replying so quickly guys. I have already tried searching the app catalog in the manner you have specified and I was still unable to find it. I will try again.
    Hey Bro... Welcome to the community!... as for Pandora....

1. Click on the "App Catalog" icon (shopping bag)
    2. Don't press anything else after it loads and you should have a blinking cursor at the "Search" panel
    3. Type "Pandora" and press enter
    4. Pandora should be the first in the list that comes up...

BTW... Also if you just got your Pre... Head over to the "Updates" App (looks like a present...Click it and check if you are up to date to 1.4.1.1, if you are... it'll tell you that you are up to date...

This site is the best at finding out info... use it!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Hey Bro... Welcome to the community!... as for Pandora....

1. Click on the "App Catalog" icon (shopping bag)
    2. Don't press anything else after it loads and you should have a blinking cursor at the "Search" panel
    3. Type "Pandora" and press enter
    4. Pandora should be the first in the list that comes up...

BTW... Also if you just got your Pre... Head over to the "Updates" App (looks like a present...Click it and check if you are up to date to 1.4.1.1, if you are... it'll tell you that you are up to date...

This site is the best at finding out info... use it!

I have tried this method of searching and have still come up empty handed, I'm afraid. As for updating, I have also done this. It says "Palm webOS 1.4.0 is currently downloading" and then at the bottom it says "Unpacking...." Do I need to leave this app open?
    From the main screen of the App Cat....Tap Categories, Music, Radio/Broadcasts... It should be near the top.
    just leave it open, maybe it doesn't show up because phone doesn't have 1.4.0 installed? wait until after the update to check for the app. the update could take 20 minutes or so to install.

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    just leave it open, maybe it doesn't show up because phone doesn't have 1.4.0 installed?
    This is what I was thinking.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisott9628 View Post
    From the main screen of the App Cat....Tap Categories, Music, Radio/Broadcasts... It should be near the top.
    Tried it.
    do you live in USA? Well you did say palm pre plus so I assume you do. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    do you live in USA?
    That's what I was thinking.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jusegozu View Post
    do you live in USA?
    Yes. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    just leave it open, maybe it doesn't show up because phone doesn't have 1.4.0 installed? wait until after the update to check for the app. the update could take 20 minutes or so to install.
    This.
  18.    #18  
    BAM! After updating to 1.4 - Pandora showed up in the app catalog. Thanks guys.
    i knew it, i was right lol

98% of the people here are helpful,the other half escaped the extinction that killed the dinosaurs at the KT Boundary, 65 million years ago

http://www.psi.edu/projects/ktimpact/ktimpact.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast