Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    HOw do I copy like a sentince from a website or like a quote and paste it to my facebook profile. Hope this isn't a stupid question but I have been trying to figure it out. My buddy has an iphone and it does it and it's real simple i'm sure the pre does I just don't know how yet.
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin51 View Post
    HOw do I copy like a sentince from a website or like a quote and paste it to my facebook profile. Hope this isn't a stupid question but I have been trying to figure it out. My buddy has an iphone and it does it and it's real simple i'm sure the pre does I just don't know how yet.
    You can't. Palm with their superior multitasking, forgot to allow this simple function /sarcasm
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    You can't. Palm with their superior multitasking, forgot to allow this simple function /sarcasm
    not true noob, hold shift button and click on the paragraph you want to copy.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    After running exceedingly hot for a few days here with new apps and updates, the pace slowed a bit yesterday. But not by a lot, as we still got a decent handful of new apps and at least one bucket full of updates. And there was some useful stuff in there, such as Torrent Remote for remotely controlling uTorrent, or MoBill for using Authorize.net to send bills to customers from your phone. And Richard Buckminster Fuller Quotes. Oh, wait. Sure, it’s one of four quotes apps from Brighthouse Labs that landed yesterday, but that we have these apps is a sign of the freedom that developers have been granted for the webOS App Catalog, unlike what our friends over at TiPb are witnessing. The great holy list of app freedom, listed after the break as usual.

see I just copied this from my pre

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Good stuff, learned something
    Good stuff, learned something
    it's not very sofisticated though i wish i could copy a portion of it, but atleast i can copy something.

Copy it and paste it in the memo app than delete what you don't need and copy and paste it where you need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Copy it and paste it in the memo app than delete what you don't need and copy and paste it where you need it.
    yeah, i forgot to mention i'm lazy. plus i think i've only used this feature idk 3 times in the last 6 months lol

burned
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    What if I want just a sentence? I need to open memo pad?

How's that workflow go?

Shift, click, swipe, find memo pad, new memo, paste, tap tap tap tap tap tap on delete, select again, copy again, swipe up, switch to destination, paste?

Yup... Nice "feature"
    you cannot copy just one sentence as of yet only a block of text and if you don't like it don't use it jeez
    What if I want just a sentence? I need to open memo pad?

How's that workflow go?

Shift, click, swipe, find memo pad, new memo, paste, tap tap tap tap tap tap on delete, select again, copy again, swipe up, switch to destination, paste?

Yup... Nice "feature"
    Why would you switch to the memo pad? Just go to your destination in the first place and delete the unneeded bits from there.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I feel dumber after reading genearch's post....been doing maplha's way for a little while now and thought that was the norm, never thought about bringing up memo pad and go through all that extra work. Thanks for pointing out my ineptitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    And if you want to copy the paragraph after that, hold the shift button and tap on the next paragraph. If you want multiple paragraphs, select the first one, then select the last one and all the ones in between will automatically get selected.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    I feel dumber after reading genearch's post....been doing maplha's way for a little while now and thought that was the norm, never thought about bringing up memo pad and go through all that extra work. Thanks for pointing out my ineptitude.
    I think it's a windowsism. People copy things into M$-word, edit it, then paste it into their email app. I don't know where they get this from, but know several who practice this weird ritual. Probably where a lot of this originates.

Me, I still yell at my windows box when I can't select then center-click what should be in my non-existent cut buffer :\
    : (){:|:&};: