Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I have had a screen protector on since new it's a invisible sheild, but anyways it is starting to get crappy and peeling on two corners and it's just really annoying me. Anyone else have this problem? Also I am thinking about just taking it off and going without one how easy does the screen scratch I usually keep my phone in a pocket.

Thanks much
    only if it rubbing against something in your pocket,i don't have a screen protector and my screen don't seem to have any scratches... It really come down to how well you treat your phone.
    the invisheild stands behind their products very well. They send me a new one when I get my phone replaced. You should contact them about this issue and how to fix your shield or replace it. Never hurts to ask them. Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I don't have this situation because I installed the invisible shield with the Seidio Innocase. I used scissors to cut the sides of the shield so only the screen and gesture areas are covered. The Seidio protects the ends of the shield and it never gets touched.

In addition, keep the shield away from the plastic on Tunebelts or other armbands. They will stick to each other and you will ruin your shield.
    Last edited by bnceo; 04/09/2010 at 09:38 AM.
    When I first got my phone, after just a couple of weeks I noticed a few scratches on the screen. With my old "dumb" phone I wouldn't really care much. But with the Pre the *whole* phone is a screen and it's used so much more ... really made me crazy to have scratches.

I installed a PhantomSkinz which I really like and has absolutely *saved* my Pre a couple of times when I dropped it. After about 10 months it's starting to peal a little bit at the edges, but since a new one is only about $10 I think it's well worth the money and effort to just replace it. Money well spent IMHO.
    My Invisibleshield is 10 months old now and still looks brand new, no issues with the corners peeling off.
    I've got the PhantomSkinz also and they have saved my phone a couple times too. Any skin isn't a permanent solution. They take the beating instead of your phone and will need to be replaced every so often depending upon how much abuse your phone is exposed to (ie: keys in pocket, drops, hard surfaces, etc).

If you are planning on keeping your phone in your pocket, I would definitely suggest using skins. Remember, there are several manufacturers of them out there and several to choose from at different price ranges. If one doesn't work for you like you want, try another brand until you find the 'perfect' one for your needs. Personally, the PS brand as I mentioned above works best for my needs. They wrap the corners very well and look great once installed. Whatever the brand you choose, I'd definitely suggest using one!
    BestBuy has discontinued the INVISIBLESHIELD and if it is in stock they give it a $21 discount bringing it to $7.99.

(didnt want to start a new thread...and get yelled @)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin51 View Post
    I have had a screen protector on since new it's a invisible sheild, but anyways it is starting to get crappy and peeling on two corners and it's just really annoying me. Anyone else have this problem? Also I am thinking about just taking it off and going without one how easy does the screen scratch I usually keep my phone in a pocket.

Thanks much
    I used to use a shield but didn't replace it in Feb. when I got a replacement Pre.

I am not overly careful with my Pre, but also not careless. It has hit the ground a few times and been jarred from my vent mounted Touchstone when hitting big bumps (like rough railroad tracks). Anyway... four months and not a single scratch. I think it is fairly scratch resistant.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    BestBuy has discontinued the INVISIBLESHIELD and if it is in stock they give it a $21 discount bringing it to $7.99.

gonna have to go check this out. When did you hear this?

sorry for getting off topic.
    Bought two yesterday, 6/19/10.

on my reciept it shows 21 dollar off discon. Product. I ended up getting two for under 20 bucks.

it's great cause all the android and iphone ones are really expensive.. As these once were too.

I'm in Boca Raton, Florida. (thats where I bought it)

Update: Called Ft. Lauderdale store near home, and the same there tooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD_HATCH View Post
    gonna have to go check this out. When did you hear this?

sorry for getting off topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post

But notice that is for the regular Pre.

If you have a Pre+, there will be an annoying hole in the gesture area...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jscm3 View Post
    But notice that is for the regular Pre.

If you have a Pre+, there will be an annoying hole in the gesture area...
    The little hole is cut, but the screen material is still there. If you use it on a Pre Plus, just don't remove the material from where it has been pre-cut. This has worked fine for me.
    Go to Forever Fitters Clear, Anti Glare, Mirror Screen Protector Best screen protector I've found and very easy to install.
    My unprotected screen gets scratched just from sliding in and out of my pocket -_-
    Mine is peeling really bad and I'm at the point where I just want to rip it off. The brown glue is so ugly. But I also don't want the frame to get dinged...I'm kind of clumsy and my last naked Pre had no scratches on the actual screen, but the plastic case had a few faint scratches on the edge. I wasn't too bothered by it, though...not like I am about this glue...funny thing is, the BB ppl put it on. I think I'll see about a replacement.

Edit: Well, apparently you can re-apply them and I still have all materials that came in the box since the BestBuy people used their own, so....here goes!!!
    Last edited by malpha; 06/20/2010 at 09:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I also use a phantomskin. OP - you can probably rock yours without a protector, by you open yourself up in case you drop it. Plus even if you don't you'll eventually get microscratches. They likely won't be visible unless you look for it, but it would make me batty lol.

imo phantomskinz has better smoothness and corner coverage than zagg. I've had mine on since day one with no peeling or residue. Also they send two with one order, and you can get the screen only for 7 dollars with their 'summersale2010' discount code. Cheap enough to jus replace your zagg