Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hello to all !!

I can proudly write that without much hassle, I managed to make my SIM card work on Palm Pre.

Of course in my country and for my carrier (VIPnet, Croatia) Palm Pre is not available...

What I did was - first I put SIM card from another carrier from my country (T-Mobile) to get through the profile activation process.

Then I put my VIPnet SIM card into the phone and I got it working - only phone and SMS features.

Then I activated the Developer Mode (type webos20090606) and click the icon shown and press ON. Restart will be needed.
    After that, using WebOS QuickInstall, I took CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 from the phone, updated it with SQLLite Browser, and placed the file back to the phone.

Restart the phone, and then I just had to manually add network parameters (data.vip.hr/38591/38591) in the phone configuration.

Now the fun starts
    Well done mate!

Can you give a bit more detail? Where on the phone does CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 live? Also, what are the names for the network parameters (data.vip.hr/38591/38591)?

Also, do you think we could do this with Vodafone SIMs for O2 Pres allowing us to ditch the Rebel SIM cards?

Thanks
    A
    | Nullius in Verba|Treo 650 -> Treo 750V -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> Pre Plus |