Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A few days ago at work, I heard the Pre's ringtone and assumed it was my phone. I took it out of my pocket and guess what? Nope. It was a customers' phone behind me.

On Tuesday, I ran into an old friend that I haven't seen in a year. We went to go put our phone numbers in each others' phones, and we ended up both pulling out a Pre. I couldn't believe it! It was the first time I have seen someone have a Pre in public other than me. The funny thing is, he is NOT a techie. If he was, I would have expected it. I asked him what he thought about the phone, he said that he was absolutely loving it (with enthusiasm).

Fast forwarding to today, I sat down with a few people and we all began to eat lunch. We don't see each other often. One of my friends across the table pulled out his phone and guess what phone it was? A Pre. He's not a techie either.

Are Pre's selling more and more now? Like I said, I haven't ever seen anyone with a Pre before this past week and a half. Has anyone else seen more Pre's? Share below.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    I've seen more also, or I have just become more aware of people using them? i dunno
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    I believe I saw an ad on a website the other day but I can't remember which website exactly. It was for verizon's 2 for 1 deal.
    yeah verizon is fazing them out. they didnt sell well enough i was told by the dm, although the store manager said its bs because he was always sold out and corprate wouldnt fulfill his orders. now that they are $50 and have hotspot free the pre and pixi are his stores number 1 foot traffic, people are coming in asking for em and he cant get em and people arent taking the droids, and when they do they have been returning em like crazy because coming from feature phones, android is just too complicated. and it was an interesting convo i got to hear. expecially when the rm started to get ****ed and talking down to the sm because there is a "customer" right there.... he goes do you really think hes gunna go from a pre on sprint, asking about a plus, to a droid? look at your hip, look at mine, how can i "upsell" (he did the quotations with his hands lol) a droid when not one verizon employee in here has a droid, we all have the plus for a reason. and it went on and on until i was like, ok well thanks and they kept going at it and the associated started in on it too lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    yea i have been seeing more people with pre phones lately here in los angeles...
    Well the more people we have rockin' webOS, the more developers will want to jump in on the party. We could definitely use more app's to help our numbers and entice some consumers.

I think public awareness of the pre is key. More pre users will contribute to more exposure and advertising. Pre users might actually show off what the pre can do, unlike palm.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    yeah verizon is fazing them out. they didnt sell well enough i was told by the dm, although the store manager said its bs because he was always sold out and corprate wouldnt fulfill his orders. now that they are $50 and have hotspot free the pre and pixi are his stores number 1 foot traffic, people are coming in asking for em and he cant get em and people arent taking the droids, and when they do they have been returning em like crazy because coming from feature phones, android is just too complicated. and it was an interesting convo i got to hear. expecially when the rm started to get ****ed and talking down to the sm because there is a "customer" right there.... he goes do you really think hes gunna go from a pre on sprint, asking about a plus, to a droid? look at your hip, look at mine, how can i "upsell" (he did the quotations with his hands lol) a droid when not one verizon employee in here has a droid, we all have the plus for a reason. and it went on and on until i was like, ok well thanks and they kept going at it and the associated started in on it too lol
    Funny thing is that everyone that I mentioned in the OP had a Sprint Pre, like myself. I have not seen the Plus yet.
    I haven't seen any in public. They're not doing too well here in the UK. The British don't know what the Pre is (and Palm to some extent), and i'm sure half of London own an Iphone
    i work with 4 different women that returned android phones for pre plus or pixi pluses lol "like because its just so clunky, i always feel like i cant find anything or figure it out and the palm is just so easy to use!"

so maybe the mom advertisments have been making an impact....... after the fact
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by peeg View Post
    I haven't seen any in public. They're not doing too well here in the UK. The British don't know what the Pre is (and Palm to some extent), and i'm sure half of London own an Iphone

so far i've seen in UK only other two guys with the Pre!
    I agree that half London owns an iphone
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Ive had my pre since launch in the uk and have never seen anyone else with one.
    Bell Mobility is still the only carrier that has the Pre in Canada.. and noone here is selling the Pixi at all

..so no I haven't bumped into any/many other webOS users
    I went from seeing one now and then on the NY subway to basically seeing one a day at least.
    i saw a lady working in NY airport with one, she was talking on it which means it's either her work phone or she was slacking off lmao

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    I've only seen 2 in the wild here in Atlanta since June, but if you guys are seeing more these days, it's because they're practically giving them away now.
    I actually heard the stock ringtone and didnt notice it for a second. I then realized it was something I knew and after a minute I was like oh wow it was a PRE. I was at a restaurant.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I saw two in the past two days here in LA.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I've only seen 2 in the wild here in Atlanta since June, but if you guys are seeing more these days, it's because they're practically giving them away now.
    Who cares if Verizon is basically giving them away as long as Verizon is selling them.

What is funny is that I'm seeing more of the Pre's but they've mainly been Sprint Pres. In Aug I saw a guy with a Pre in Raleigh's airport. Then in Dec I saw a bartender in Berlin with a Pre. A week later I saw a guy in a Florida Sam's Club with a Pre. And then at a Christmas party I saw a 19 year girl with a Pre. A couple of days after the Verizon launch I saw several women with Pre Plusses and one guy with a Pre Plus. Two weeks ago at a gathering my cousin pulled out a Sprint Pre that she bought in Feb.

Its just antidotal evidence. My guess is that webOS numbers are likely trending up. Obviously, more advertising would help but Palm doesn't have the money for a marketing blitz so the growth rate will continue to be slow. Palm needs a buyer like HP to buy them and run a 100 million dollar ad campaign to increase brand awareness. Right now Palm lacks in brand awareness but they don't have the money to focus on that.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I've "sold" 3 Pres at work. I'm the IT guy and have people who want a new phone asking me what they can get that will connect back to our system. Even though none of the new phones of the last 2 years really connect, I've told them how I have a work around with my Pre, and after I show them a few features they're running off to Verizon for a Pre Plus.

I guess I'm a better phone salesman than a carrier salesman.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    I work in IT and I have been getting a few calls on setting up people's Pres. I also write web documentation on how to set mobile devices up for our services. I make sure the Pre/Pixi directions are prettied up. =)

I've also converted a dean and his assistant to the "dark side". They both left their BlackBerries behind.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast