Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I had never seen a Pre in the wild since i got mine last year in Sept. Last week I saw a woman with it on the bus, and then the other day I saw a guy with it in a train station. It may just be coincidence but hopefully its a sign of good things to come.
    I was looking for an apartment yesterday and the manager asked "what kind of phone I had when I pulled it out to look at my calender,and I told her it's the palm pre, she than lit up and said I have been thinking about getting a pre, I need something else. I have 3 phones for all different things, (blackberrys)" and I told her the palm pre is all she would need, I let her feel the keyboard,i let her swipe through some app cards and swipe them away. My wife also has a pre so she sent a text to my phone while the lady was experiencing hands on with my pre and she loved the notifications. I then showed her how she could read it and keep tasking through cards or swipe the notification as well. She was very pleased at my sales pitch as she was sale pitching me the apartment..lol...i have also seen the palm pre(sprint) on that reality show called KENDRA(The playboy mansion girl) she has one,and she was talking on it through speaker so the camera man kept zooming in on it..nice to see one in a reality show!! I know 4 other ppl personally with webos phones 2pres and 2 pixies..when I promote and demo the use of the phone people want it..the ease of the cards,the swiping,the 3d games,the notifications while gaming, one can go on and on..great phone,unbeatable price
    Two of my friends converted from the blackberry and the iPhone because of me, lol. Both found out I was only paying $77 plus insurance so when thier phones got lost/broke down, they saw it fit to cancel thier contracts with At&t and Verizon and switch to Sprint.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    The other day, Microsoft sent a bunch of people to my University to promote their different divinsions. The guy at the WiMo 7 booth had a pre.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by shubba86 View Post
    The other day, Microsoft sent a bunch of people to my University to promote their different divinsions. The guy at the WiMo 7 booth had a pre.
    haha that's great!

That reminds me, I used the Android browser (2.1) at work today when I was using my friend's Droid to look something up (she had it out already). I went to go zoom in, and it was just terrible. It was so...not smooth. She started using my Pre to browse when she saw how smooth and easy it was (the double tap) compared to her Droid.

Another /cool story bro
    Last edited by Reign25; 04/10/2010 at 05:36 PM.
    I have maybe seen 3 other Pre owners up here in northern Illinois when I have been out and about. I think Palm's advertising is really taking off though. I saw a ad in the weirdest place a few days ago. I went to bowl at this bowling alley in Elk Grove Village IL called Elk Grove Bowl and I couldn't believe right when you walk into the bowling alley a poster about 100x100 inches I'd say was there advertising the Palm Pre Plus for Verizon. I asked the guy behind the counter how long it had been there and he said about a month. So good to know Palm isn't giving up...
    Me and this other kid in my History class have Pre's.

Missouri ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by shubba86 View Post
    LOL.
    Well, I finally was able to get my Pre Plus last night at a nearby Verizon store (Citrus Park area NW of Tampa). Apparently Verizon bumped my "New Every 2" up about 4 months, so I was able to get my phone for just $19! A steal if you ask me. My wife went but wanted to stick with the BB (got an 8530 to replace her 8330 - mine was an 8330 also), as she didn't want to learn something new.

The sales guy said he was still learning the phone, saying it was very powerful, but also "complex" (he had a BB) and mentioned it was the better phone for stuff like video, browsing, and games. He thought the keyboard didn't make it a great texting phone, though I have found that the shape of the keys tend to lead to much better typing accuracy than the size of the keys would indicate.

What was interesting was that he didn't have any more phones up front (besides the demos) and had to go back to stock where some weren't even received in yet. So they must be selling them well now.

I absolutely love this phone. All the little limitations and annoyances of my Curve are history. I have a hard time putting the thing down! Needless to say, I will be showing this sucker off every time I have the opportunity.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Well, I finally was able to get my Pre Plus last night at a nearby Verizon store (Citrus Park area NW of Tampa). Apparently Verizon bumped my "New Every 2" up about 4 months, so I was able to get my phone for just $19! A steal if you ask me. My wife went but wanted to stick with the BB (got an 8530 to replace her 8330 - mine was an 8330 also), as she didn't want to learn something new.

The sales guy said he was still learning the phone, saying it was very powerful, but also "complex" (he had a BB) and mentioned it was the better phone for stuff like video, browsing, and games. He thought the keyboard didn't make it a great texting phone, though I have found that the shape of the keys tend to lead to much better typing accuracy than the size of the keys would indicate.

What was interesting was that he didn't have any more phones up front (besides the demos) and had to go back to stock where some weren't even received in yet. So they must be selling them well now.

I absolutely love this phone. All the little limitations and annoyances of my Curve are history. I have a hard time putting the thing down! Needless to say, I will be showing this sucker off every time I have the opportunity.
    Glad to hear all that with someone coming from a BB.
    I saw an elderly woman showing her young daughter how to pull up the phone app and make a call.. Got a big kick out of that.. 1st ive seen a Pre in public in a long time..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Saw an older woman with a Pre today at the Strawberry Festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Glad to hear all that with someone coming from a BB.
    Oh gosh yes. I'm coming from a BB Tour and I really didn't like that phone. I'd love to convert others from that thing to a Pre. I really don't understand how those are so popular with that OS that's on there.
  14. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Oh gosh yes. I'm coming from a BB Tour and I really didn't like that phone. I'd love to convert others from that thing to a Pre. I really don't understand how those are so popular with that OS that's on there.
    My wife uses a Tour, it seems alright, she hates the trackball though.

I've seen roughly 7 people with Pre's in the past year. In the last 7 or so months though I haven't really been out n' about too much so hopefully there are more Pre and Pixi users now.
    Strangely, I was just noticing the other day that I see plenty of Pre's, but they're all at work. I'm airline crew, and in the 6 months I've had my Pre, I've noticed a BUNCH of them in the crew rooms... pilots and flight attendants both.

The iPhone is still dominant, but I see way more Pre's than Droids.

I'll bet a lot of it - for pilots at least - is that many of us are accustomed to keeping our logbooks on a bit of software called Airline Pilot's Daily Logbook. The iPhone (and other platform) users have been begging for a compatible APDL version forever, but the makers don't seem interested in supporting ANY new platforms. The classic Palm version, however, runs just fine on Classic. ;-)
    I've been seeing quite a few Pres around New York City recently. In fact, I dare say I've seen more Pres than Droids (which I know doesn't make sense, but I stand by it)

Go Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    All BlackBerries are just about email and the keyboard. If you used a 85x0, that thing is pretty darn good.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Not seen one other Pre in the wild yet here in Plymouth, UK. Had mine since Oct last year.
    I've seen a bunch of Pre's/Pixi's in the New England area. Lot's more Pixi's than pre's though.
    Two people in my department at work besides me have the Pre. I convinced both of them to get it after showing them the phone. One was with AT&T and I got her to dump them and get Sprint, the other is with Verizon and got the Pre Plus. I was at a Denver Nuggets game a few weeks ago and a guy sitting in front of me had a Pre and the girl next to him had a Pixi. Saw two people with the Pre at the airport recently when I was traveling for work.

I have a third co-worker that I am trying to convince to get the Pre Plus for herself and her husband.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast