Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well when I pulled out my Pre at the weekend, a friend of mine pulled out his.

So that's two Pre's meeting in the UK

But yeah, it's iPhone iPhone iPhone in London...yawn.

One of my friends is an iPhone app developer, he's rushed off his feet. Totally brainwashed though. Told him I'd bought a Pre and he actually said that the iPhone provided 'the ultimate user experience' and was this in a casual chat
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Berath View Post
    Well when I pulled out my Pre at the weekend, a friend of mine pulled out his.

So that's two Pre's meeting in the UK

But yeah, it's iPhone iPhone iPhone in London...yawn.

One of my friends is an iPhone app developer, he's rushed off his feet. Totally brainwashed though. Told him I'd bought a Pre and he actually said that the iPhone provided 'the ultimate user experience' and was this in a casual chat
    I would have ***** slapped him.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I met a guy with a Pre at a bar last night. He seemed to like it, but had some nagging issues with the calendar and time floating around.
    Also have 3 people at work that have them.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    I've seen Pres all over the Detroit area for awhile, I can think of 20+ I've seen them around. I mean I know everyone that works @ Ford gets 22% off Sprint, so that could have something to do with it. I do think Verizon is starting to push the Palm phones HARD, and it's showing even more.

But the oddest thing happened the other day in the bar. My friend told my other BB Storm having friend that it was the worst phone he's ever had (he now has another normaler BB). Then this really hot chick that was sitting w/us just busts out about how sweet her Pre plus is. And how the guy that made the Iphone made this one (she was confused and hammered, I just let it slide). She was most impressed with the calender and email integration. I tried to explain preware, but she was too drunk. yada yada,

/cool story bro
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I saw one pretty girl using Pre in Dallas airport a few months ago. Never seen one close to where I am. I do see one Pixie users.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    I saw two students here at UM using a Pre while on the shuttle. First time I had seen it on campus... usually I see everyone on an iPhone or BB.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    It's funny this thread started when it did. I am on my original phone from I believe around June last year. I know of only 2 other people that have one (other than my wife). They have had their for quite some time too. One bought his based on playing around with mine. The other guy had his for months, and I just today showed him that there was an app catalog...He had no idea!!!

Well anyway there are two other co-workers that I noticed this week that got Pres. One got her's yesterday and I'm helping her learn some of the awesome features this phone has. She seems very impressed so far. In addition, on my way to my floor on an elevator, I see another woman playing around on a Pre. I could not help myself and ask..."I see you have a Pre...Do you like it?" She said she got it in Jan. and loves it so far.

So for about a year I have only seen 2 in the wild. This week alone I saw 3. Hopefully it's a good sign that the sales people at the retail stores are starting to open up to Palm and Webos.
    I haven't seen a single other Pre owner in the Toronto area. Ever.

Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    I saw two students here at UM using a Pre while on the shuttle. First time I had seen it on campus... usually I see everyone on an iPhone or BB.
    same boat...everyone else has iphones or blackberry's....my gf and my father in law r the only ones that have pre's right now
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I have only recently seen someone with a Pre in the "wild" since purchasing my Pre on June 6, 2009.

And Reign25... Don't get too excited about hearing the Pre ringtone. I work with a person who has the whole Pre theme loaded on his iPhone. Wallpaper, icons, ringtones, the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I work with a person who has the whole Pre theme loaded on his iPhone. Wallpaper, icons, ringtones, the works.
    You should load the iphone theme on your pre... that way you would complete the circle of irony.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Well its me and my boss with Pre's....then 3 people at job#2 with Pre's...now my new tenant's kid has a Pixi...and a friend picked up 2 Pre's for her and her daughter last week...Oh that means i got some Preware training to do. So they r catching on..........................slowly.

And my 9yr old is dying for 1....but im not giving up her discounted loaded Orig SERO plan anytime soon........she uses my old 755p...$28.50 per month w/taxes.
    Last edited by hofs1; 04/09/2010 at 05:29 PM.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    dont worry the pre will be a dinosaur in a couple of months lol
  14.    #34  
    haha cool stories. It's great to hear all of this and that I'm not the only one. It must be a good sign. Pre activity has either been vamped or we're are all just now starting to run into more and more. Coincidence? I think not.

Generic Musings: I think he's itching for a Pre
    I work at a fast-food restaurant. Saw one person with a Pre today and one yesterday. Before that, none. Maybe the flood gates have opened.
    2 weeks ago my cusin came down from portland,OR ( to 599 Visalia,California). I haven't seen him in 6 years. I had to pick up my brother @ school, so my cusin went w/me was trying to look at my phone. But I had it in my center consle connected to my stereo system. When I tried to change the song(pandora app) he seen it and said "wow you have the same phone as me!" we both smile like little girls LMAO! That the only pre I seen. But my brother say he seen some in his high school. Pixi too. Sorry it long.
    yeah i heard a few card swip sounds hear and there....but not like Iphone and droid uses..we pre owners know what we have and don't have to keep showing them off in public
    I see someone with a pre almost every day other then myself. Few friend of minez. so far 4 people have gotten a pre because of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by peeg View Post
    I haven't seen any in public. They're not doing too well here in the UK. The British don't know what the Pre is (and Palm to some extent), and i'm sure half of London own an Iphone
    that's london. Up here in the grim north, it's completley the opposite. A lot of people have a pre or know what phone it is
    I'm the only one in the office that has the Pre... and got laughed at by iP*r*i*c*ks. Told me "how can you buy something like that..."

I've only seen two others in the past year. Blame Bell.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast