Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Come on already Verizon! Are you waiting for Palm to release 1.5 before you get 1.4.x out the door?!?!?!?!?!?!

ENOUGH ALREADY!

/rant off
    Another thread about this. You couldn't look a little further down for one of these threads.

Also you don't know what's going on behind the scenes, nobody does. Who's to say it's Verizon, who's to say it's Palm.

Did you ever stop to think that Verizon is the only carrier with the Plus, and the Plus version has it's own set of issues. If it hasn't come out already it's because they're fixing something(s) related to the Plus that hasn't been fixed yet.

I'm disappointed it hasn't come out too but we all gotta stop, relax, and think for a little bit.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I truly hope Verizon has a good excuse like the one mentioned about working in something related to the Plus

Meanwhile in Mexico, Telcel users still haven't got the most recent WebOS version... (and no, in Mexico we don't have Palm Plus nor Pixi Plus)

Hope they have a good excuse too...
    I don't know why yous verizon users are stressing about 1.4.1, it probably broke more things then what it was intended to fix
    do you think that .1 is going to change your life - or even your phone -- we are all waiting for it -- i personally am glad to be the last to get it -- let everyone else be the beta testers -- what if verizon pulled the release date back so that minor problems that became evident elsewhere are fixed prior to you installing it on your phone -- this could have been posted in any one of 5 other threads
    VZW always marched to the beat of their own drummer.
    haha to the people who say it might be palm, PLEASE your mistaken.. This isn't just with the pre, verizon gets updates out to their customers long after they are released. For example when I had my mogul(titan) I had the 6.1 update that was such a big deal at the time and verizon users didn't receive that update til it was out for 6 months. Obviously that's not going to happen here, but it's an example of how slow to the gate they are with these things.
    I have a pre-plus and I'm not too concerned about the wait. 1.4.1.1 broke a lot of patches relative to the fixes included in it. There's still a handful of popular patches that are experiencing issues. Waiting a few more days isn't a big deal to me. Heck, maybe VZW is waiting for this reason too.
    Verizon has always been known to delay updates for long periods of time. They do a lot of testing for each update.
    How many threads are we going to have about the 1.4.1.1 update for Verizon? Verizon is always more conservative with software updates. In this case, there are several issues specific to Verizon that need to be fixed and hopefully will be when 1.4.1.1 finally comes out. I can wait as long as they are fixing the keyboard and gps issues. Hopefully, the next thread about Verizon 1.4.1.1 will be when it actually comes out, whenever that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I have a pre-plus and I'm not too concerned about the wait. 1.4.1.1 broke a lot of patches relative to the fixes included in it. There's still a handful of popular patches that are experiencing issues. Waiting a few more weeks isn't a big deal to me. Heck, maybe VZW is waiting for this reason too.
    Fixed!

Tru dat! I still don't mind waiting. There's nothing new in 1.4.1 that I really care about or need. In the meantime my phone is running great along with all of the patches I have installed :-)
    really the only thing that i am waiting for in 1.4.1 is the lengthened time for headless apps to run -- so that where is my pre ap will run -- but i can wait -- i still hit the update button twice a day to check - come on patience has limits
    I'm running out of patience. Going to Verizon store again today to see if they will be able to find ANY Palm Pre Plus that has no GPS problems that they can swap my phone with. If they fail, I'm switching back to Sprint. I never had GPS problems over there and Sprint's navigator was always free.
    what problems are you having specifically with your GPS ? -- what programs?
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    what problems are you having specifically with your GPS ? -- what programs?
    GPS doesn't work at all in any program. This is a brand new phone swap from Verizon (first one had the same problem) Even ##477# doesn't get a lock. Tried interactive GPS tests as well and they failed too. Tried Google Maps, minimap, GPSDashboard, both with and without VZNavigator running in the background. With VZNavigator they work for a little bit but they don't continuously track. I turn VZ Navigator off and no GPS function works at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    GPS doesn't work at all in any program. This is a brand new phone swap from Verizon (first one had the same problem) Even ##477# doesn't get a lock. Tried interactive GPS tests as well and they failed too. Tried Google Maps, minimap, GPSDashboard, both with and without VZNavigator running in the background. With VZNavigator they work for a little bit but they don't continuously track. I turn VZ Navigator off and no GPS function works at all.
    that sucks - take your phone back - i agree but i have had 2 pre pluses and have never had that much problem -- granted my GPS doesn't work indoors under a roof but my garmin doesn't work there either -- you seem savy so i am going to assume that you have the GPS on and the google location services off -- i run trapster (it's free download it to see if you get a lock if you want - where is my pre - mini map and all get a good lock -- google maps works mediocre and if i don't clear the map before i exit then it can screw up other aps -- i don't think that this is a verizon problem the more and more i read this forum i think it is like the keybaord thing - a hardware issue as when i got my replacement pre + the keyboard worked perfectly -- i think there are a couple vocal few that hav firstish run pre +'s that have hardware problems -- my gps was a little more problematic after upgrading to 1/4 but i think that my issue was with where is my pre and that is a different problem all together -- i use mode switcher with a gps trigger to shut off my wifi when i get to the job site to save battery and this works like a champ
    -- so i say take it back now -- while still in early warrenty and get a new phone -- chances are this might fix your GPS problems

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Exnoni View Post
    I truly hope Verizon has a good excuse like the one mentioned about working in something related to the Plus

Meanwhile in Mexico, Telcel users still haven't got the most recent WebOS version... (and no, in Mexico we don't have Palm Plus nor Pixi Plus)

Hope they have a good excuse too...
    As a fellow Mexican running 1.4.1 on the Iusacell network, I can vouch that neither of the national carriers seem to be working on firmware updates...

HOWEVER, there's a large user community @ the PoderPDA (google it, I can't post links... stupid rules) forums who are constantly messing around to get us the latest firmware updates. Give it a try!

PM me if you need any help.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    that sucks - take your phone back - i agree but i have had 2 pre pluses and have never had that much problem -- granted my GPS doesn't work indoors under a roof but my garmin doesn't work there either -- you seem savy so i am going to assume that you have the GPS on and the google location services off -- i run trapster (it's free download it to see if you get a lock if you want - where is my pre - mini map and all get a good lock -- google maps works mediocre and if i don't clear the map before i exit then it can screw up other aps -- i don't think that this is a verizon problem the more and more i read this forum i think it is like the keybaord thing - a hardware issue as when i got my replacement pre + the keyboard worked perfectly -- i think there are a couple vocal few that hav firstish run pre +'s that have hardware problems -- my gps was a little more problematic after upgrading to 1/4 but i think that my issue was with where is my pre and that is a different problem all together -- i use mode switcher with a gps trigger to shut off my wifi when i get to the job site to save battery and this works like a champ
    -- so i say take it back now -- while still in early warrenty and get a new phone -- chances are this might fix your GPS problems

Rob
    Yea I will take it back. Problem is, there is no guarantee that the next phone I get will be any better. This is a brand new phone, so was the first one but they both had issues. First one had keys doubling missing & GPS, this one has light leaking from a small unfinished area in top right corner + GPS, but keyboard is perfect now. I wonder how many batches Palm has to make of a phone to finally get it right. Coming to Verizon from Sprint I can see that they fixed most of the issues people had on Sprint like wobbly sliders, loose battery/backdoor, even the plastic around the keyboard is smoother now, as opposed to knife sharp like it was on Sprint. But now they got a whole batch of new problems to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    Yea I will take it back. Problem is, there is no guarantee that the next phone I get will be any better. This is a brand new phone, so was the first one but they both had issues. First one had keys doubling missing & GPS, this one has light leaking from a small unfinished area in top right corner + GPS, but keyboard is perfect now. I wonder how many batches Palm has to make of a phone to finally get it right. Coming to Verizon from Sprint I can see that they fixed most of the issues people had on Sprint like wobbly sliders, loose battery/backdoor, even the plastic around the keyboard is smoother now, as opposed to knife sharp like it was on Sprint. But now they got a whole batch of new problems to deal with.
    I have a problem with GPS, too. In Maps it simply won't work, and in VZ Navigator it will work for a minute then a message shows "No GPS", and it stops tracking.

I also have a problem where I'll hit a key once and it will show 2 or 3 times on-screen.. is that the same problem you're having with "doubling"?

This is my second Pre. The first one had a bunch of things wrong with it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast