Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    universal search now going to web and wikipedia
    merged inbox
    gmail cal sync

    It looks like engadget is digging up more and more details

    iPhone OS 4.0 spotlight lets you directly search web, Wikipedia -- Engadget

    Imitation is the Highest Form of Flattery: Part II | PalmNewsDaily.com
    Joe Dirt: Well, I see you got those snakes and sparklers. But where's the good stuff man?
    Kicking Wing: Good stuff? This is the good stuff, snakes and sparklers.
    Joe Dirt: Are you nuts dude? You need stuff that'll explode. Go *boom*!
    Kicking Wing: Why is that good?
    Joe Dirt: Well, huh, might as, might as well ask why is a tree good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?
  2. melo's Avatar
    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #2  
    And you really think palm didn't borrow any of Apples ideas?
  3. #3  
    Palm really is under-appreciated in terms of innovation they bring to the table.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by melo View Post
    And you really think palm didn't borrow any of Apples ideas?
    not saying that, its just funny that as much as everyone *****es and moans here for things that Palm hasnt done yet there sure are a lot of things we got right off the bat and Apple ******* are waiting for
  5. #5  
    And apple will call it magical and revolutionary
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    And apple will call it magical and revolutionary
    Then everyone else will have to adapt to Apple's ideas because Steve said so.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  7. #7  
    It's not copying. All of these "features" are things that users expect a smartphone to do, but are just now coming around to be implemented. That's part of the maturity of a OS.

    Give Apple some props.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  8. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #8  
    I hope Palm was smart enough to expect this. Someone copying you a year after release (1.5 year after first showing at CES) isn't that bad. As long as Palm's prepared with webOS 2.0.....
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    And apple will call it magical and revolutionary
    Exactly! It's incredibly disturbing to watch drones of people just watching apple as if they are deity.

    Wake up people! Apple is only catching up at this point. Sure they revolutionized the pda industry with the original iPhone, but they haven't released anything revolutionary in iPhone 4! Yet I'm amazed at even the breath of news reporters covering this story as if it's more important than the end of the world.

    It could be out-dated, useless info, but when they all hear it, they cheer and shout for joy because it's Apple! Hooray! Steve Jobs just gave us fake multitasking! Wow! Did you know we can multitask now on our phones?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    It's not copying. All of these "features" are things that users expect a smartphone to do, but are just now coming around to be implemented. That's part of the maturity of a OS.

    Give Apple some props.
    OK hey Apple got something for you sterb052.gif
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Then everyone else will have to adapt to Apple's ideas because Steve said so.
    Precisely! You could come out with the best smartphone tomorrow, with all the bells and whistles and awesomeness that would explode your mind. Show it to someone with an iphone and they're likely ignore it with a "meh" or say "well, I really don't need that because I can do so much with my iphone already". (ie: do I really need multitasking?) But once Steve Jobs says it's coming, "WHOOO HOOO!!!!!!"
  12. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #12  
    It's more about, too bad Palm couldn't Patent that
  13. #13  
    I'm sure their must of been some type of patent on at least the card multitasking. If not then they wonder why they are in their current situation
  14. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #14  
    It is good to see iPhone playing a little catchup. I really hope Palm has more coming this summer. If Sprint does not get a major updated WebOS device, I am seriously think about moving to Verizon or AT&T for Pre Plus with MHS.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  15. #15  
    If anyone wants to watch the whole keynote...

    Apple - iPhone - iPhone OS 4 Preview
  16. #16  
    People are excited and love the phone because they keep adding improvements and making it better while you call it catching up. ugh, you look at one point (multitasking) and say catching up but ignore all the other features they have added around it and have yet to announce with the hardware. AND 1500 new APIs for developers!

    catching up? uh.... hello? ..... MIC API?

    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    Exactly! It's incredibly disturbing to watch drones of people just watching apple as if they are deity.

    Wake up people! Apple is only catching up at this point. Sure they revolutionized the pda industry with the original iPhone, but they haven't released anything revolutionary in iPhone 4! Yet I'm amazed at even the breath of news reporters covering this story as if it's more important than the end of the world.

    It could be out-dated, useless info, but when they all hear it, they cheer and shout for joy because it's Apple! Hooray! Steve Jobs just gave us fake multitasking! Wow! Did you know we can multitask now on our phones?
    Last edited by donm527; 04/09/2010 at 05:57 AM.
  17. #17  
    apple did good today... Palm needs to release alot of apis soon so devs can make apps, so palms catalogue can stop being embarrassing.. They don't need 140 000 apps, but 20 000 would be nice.. If they can get that by septembre, then ill besatisfied.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    AND 1500 new APIs for developers!

    catching up? uh.... hello? ..... MIC API?
    You got a point there.. that's ONE API we are waiting for, not 1500. Incredible..
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  19. #19  
    that one API is important... You would think a basic little function accessing the mic... Would be part of an basic set of features and developer would have access to... And they can't give it.

    Maybe they just thought people will live without voice recorder app or at most voice command dialing but has cut them out of an app segment... With apps like google search with voice or skype or SHAZAM! that is almost a norm on other platforms. They will cut themselves out on another feature that looks to be ramping up... Video conferencing (makes me doubt they will have front face camera in gen2).

    It really makes me believe that the webos ver 1 that it is really design limited and they can't effectively offer it... As well as direct gpu access. Makes me wonder about webos 2.0... Will have to be a full overhaul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    You got a point there.. that's ONE API we are waiting for, not 1500. Incredible..
  20. #20  
    that's the worst excuse for multi tasking I have ever seen, makes me appreciate the Pre that much more!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions