1.    #1  
    I have officially had my Sprint Palm Pre for one week. I wanted to give some of my impressions positive and negative about the product so far.

First, some background information. I am 36-year old male. I work in a large organization where I travel frequently. I am a long-time Blackberry user.

1. Operating system WebOS-Simply amazing! This is better in person than the videos or a few moments in your hand at the phone store. It really does seem to start to understand how you work. Brilliant Palm! Well done.

2. Multitasking- With out a doubt the only device on the market that truly does this. Works as advertised.

3. Keyboard-This for me is the biggest surprise. The keyboard is great!!! No problems coming over from the Blackberry. Big hands and all, I can text and email with the Pre without any problem.

4. Build quality-Big disappointment here. Before you buy this phone make sure that you plan on getting the insurance. I have not had any problems; however the device seems very cheap. One good drop and this thing is toast.

5. Wireless updates of calendar and contacts in exchange-This might be old news to some folks, but updating my Outlook calendar through the air blew my mind. After coming from Blackberry this is a big deal. Well done Palm!

6. Email – Fine, only one complaint. Getting exchange set up was tough for my IT folks to take care of; this could have just been them.

7. Web browser-Simply Amazing! Well Done Palm!

8. Music App-Not bad, once again coming from the BB…Excellent!

9. Battery Life-This sucks, I can’t believe how bad this is. Fill your life with touchstones.

Overall-I love this phone. It has exceeded my expectations. Some minor problems here and there, but nothing is killing me. This phone is not for a power user, that’s just what I feel. If you’re an average road warrior like me this phone (btw, which works great) will meet all your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by lou27md View Post

4. Build quality-Big disappointment here. Before you buy this phone make sure that you plan on getting the insurance. I have not had any problems; however the device seems very cheap. One good drop and this thing is toast.

NOT, an absurd statement, still using my launch day Pre here guy, I love the hardware, solid, has never let me down and many other people also can attest to that:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...pre-proud.html

Overall-I love this phone. It has exceeded my expectations. Some minor problems here and there, but nothing is killing me. This phone is not for a power user, that’s just what I feel. If you’re an average road warrior like me this phone (btw, which works great) will meet all your needs.
    100% with you on that, I too love this phone too, does everything and more that I expect a smartphone.