Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    PrePals:

I like to leave my phone app up on the previous call list. It is just very useful. Gotta admit, the 1.4 update makes the phone app really nice with the ability to see the contact's information right in the app. But that is another story...

Now, when I make a call, and then hang up, the phone app stays up, which is what I want. But, when I receive a call, and then hang up, the phone app closes. I would love to prevent that. I don't see a patch for that, or a setting. Thoughts? Or am I just gonna have to live with it...
    I have seen this on both of my Pres' from time to time, not sure why.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    This isn't all the time. It is every time. It appears to be the native behavior of the app. It stays up on dialed calls, but closes on received calls. Seems like there should have been a setting to control this, but there isn't. That seems like something that somebody smart who can make patches could fix.
    This has been a normal thing for awhile now. I don't remember exactly when it started, possibly last January or so.

Sometimes i think it's a good thing, other times it annoys me.
    Yeah, before 1.4 there use to be a patch that would force the phone app to close after a phone call (which I preferred), so I like the update. Now there is a patch called "Phone No Autoclose" that keeps the phone app open after you end a phone call.
    Yeah phone app always closed on the end of a received call I hated that. Then I requested the "Phone No Autoclose" patch and low and behold (after a few bumps of course) someone responded and made the patch. So if every time we think of some kind of change to make webos better we request a patch then we should also request the same as a new feature on the palm website as well.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Oh! Phone no autoclose patch? I will look for that and add it! Maybe that will do the trick! As stated, I prefer the phone app up all the time.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Sure enough! That is the patch! I love this forum.

Running 800MHz and loving it...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i LOVE this feature! i hated finishing a call, and then having to close the phone app.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.