1.    #1  
    Let me know if this is stupid or not. When doing a universal search, if the search isn't fully completed by hitting the enter key or making a screen selection, what was already typed should remain. This has happened to me a couple of times. Strictly as an example, let's say your reading an article on the web and you run across 'hippopotamus'. You want to learn more about hippopotamuses so you do a universal search while still keeping your original web page running in the background with a swipe up. You start typing your universal search h-i-p-o-p. You realize you can't spell, so you swipe back to your original web page to check the spelling, but realize you have to start over in the universal search. The universal search could be reactivated by hitting the space bar or something and then you continue to type your search. This is possibly a dumb example, but this has happened to me in legitimate situations. Does this make sense?
    Last edited by daisy96; 04/08/2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    It would be cool if you could swipe up, so the universal search would go into a card. You could move between the web card and the universal search card. And even open multiple universal searches.
  3.    #3  
    Exactly! universal search should act as it's own app in a way. I like the way it is now however, the way it pops up when you start typing, but i think it should work the way you described.
    That has happened to me before. It really isn't bad, typing a few characters, but still annoying.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I vote for this idea and i would be willing to donate if a developer came out with a patch or something for this
    Would be a welcome addition to turn universal search into cards.
  7.    #7  
    yes, although a small addition, it makes total sense. Keep universal search how it is, except a swipe up doesn't close it out, it just turns it into a card, done and done.
    That's an awesome idea. Here's the link below to the Palm Feature Request Page.

Go for it!

Feature Request
    Personally I think copy should be improved so when you tap while holding shift the word you tap on should be selected, tap again then the whole sentence or paragraph.

Anyway, after selecting the word, then you should be able to bring up the app menu and say "search for selected text."
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    That's an awesome idea. Here's the link below to the Palm Feature Request Page.

Go for it!

Feature Request
    Done, thank you for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Personally I think copy should be improved so when you tap while holding shift the word you tap on should be selected, tap again then the whole sentence or paragraph.

Anyway, after selecting the word, then you should be able to bring up the app menu and say "search for selected text."
    I agree with this as well. For me, it comes down to a scenario when I'm browsing the web and happen to be interested in something I come across and want to search it. Ahh, the scenario I was having just occurred to me. I saw the movie Inglorious ******* the other day, and the french girl caught my eye, but I had no idea who she was. I searched for the movie and pulled up the IMDB page, found the actress, tried doing a universal search but couldn't spell her name without needing a reminder. I think this is pretty common with the way people use the web these days.
    Last edited by daisy96; 04/09/2010 at 12:12 AM.