Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70
  1. Sayo's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
       #1  
    Google Translated from a Taiwanese article today in Money.udn.com:

    "North America Troop Palm intends to sell smart phones, the market yesterday (8) day came, HTC and Palm have been launched on the talks, the expression of M & A will. [...]

    It is understood that HTC has started assessment of work, from the legal, financial, brand marketing and research and development at all levels to assess the feasibility of the acquisition strategy for Palm. HTC CEO Peter Chou travel abroad frequently over the past three weeks, has been described as "only five days a month in Taiwan", the rest are flying everywhere. Reportedly, Chou may CTIA communication development in the United States during the high-level meeting with the Palm."


    VERY Interesting. Read the FULL Article here:

    Google Translate

    Also, if anyone can provide a more accurate translation, I would be very curious to hear it.
    Last edited by Sayo; 04/08/2010 at 07:09 PM.
  2. #2  
    So far we've had Rim and Lenovo buying Palm and now HTC. I wonder who is next?
  3. #3  
    HTC buying Palm would be TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. #4  
    mcdonalds wants to buy palm? what?!
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  5. vicvon's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    #5  
    I think an HTC WebOS device would be awesome. They make some of the best hardware around and instead of putting Android on this great hardware, they would use WebOS.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    So far we've had Rim and Lenovo buying Palm and now HTC. I wonder who is next?
    We've seen speculation with, as far as I know, absolutely nothing backing it up. This is the first bit of actual "news" around an acquisition rumor.

    As I've said many times before, I want Palm to survive on their own. If they do get purchased, I'd want it to be by HP, HTC, or Lenovo, in that order and for various reasons.

    I just hope that if HTC does buy Palm, that it's not just for the patent portfolio but that it's to give them their own mobile OS option. I don't see why HTC couldn't bring Palm in-house, let them continue to develop webOS, give them nice new hardware to run on, and--oh, by the way--jab a stick in Apple's eye.

    The biggest question for HTC is how how this would impact their relationship with Microsoft and Google. Although, since Android is open source, I'm not exactly sure how that relationship works. I'm sure they'd still want to make Android devices, since they're in such high demand.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  7. #7  
    apparently everyone is buying Palm.

    Who's next.. Apple? lol

    With all the licencing HTC does, I don't think it will happen
  8. bruba's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    #8  
    Please HTC, a Xperia X1 with capacitive touch and webOS. We know you made it..

  9. #9  
    If htc were to put webos on their phones it would change everything. They dont have to buy palm. Just partner with them. Everyone knows htc kicks but in the hardware market.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    So far we've had Rim and Lenovo buying Palm and now HTC. I wonder who is next?
    I've already said, when it gets down to 0, I'm buying it.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Please HTC, a Xperia X1 with capacitive touch and webOS. We know you made it..

    Now if this was what the C-40, with Palms name on it, was going to be with the addition of 4G and priced under 400.00.....Sign me up. I will be the first in line.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I've already said, when it gets down to 0, I'm buying it.
    Me too. A million shares... Hell, a BILLION shares.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    ...
    I just hope that if HTC does buy Palm, that it's not just for the patent portfolio but that it's to give them their own mobile OS option. I don't see why HTC couldn't bring Palm in-house, let them continue to develop webOS, give them nice new hardware to run on, and--oh, by the way--jab a stick in Apple's eye..
    Folks seem to forget, Palm was once owned by 3com. They did exactly what you're talking about here.

    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    ...The biggest question for HTC is how how this would impact their relationship with Microsoft and Google. Although, since Android is open source, I'm not exactly sure how that relationship works. I'm sure they'd still want to make Android devices, since they're in such high demand.
    I suspect it wouldn't. Microsoft and Google both produce competing products, and both work with each other in certain ways. I suspect that as long as HTC continued to make product the way Google and MS wanted, they'd be fine in that arena.

    Bidness is bidness. I think MS may have finally learned that you really don't succeed in technology by eliminating the competition.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Me too. A million shares... Hell, a BILLION shares.
    We could partner!! Hey, and hire some of the experts on here that know so much about what Palm "should" be doing!!!

    Better yet, hire all of them. All that stuff is easy, they've said so. And it'll all be ready next week!!
  15. #15  
    Palm isn't be sold, bought out, or going anywhere.

    Lackys should just understand that and move on to bashing another company. Our CEO is on a steady road and knows exactly what he wants to do. And selling the company is NOT one of them in his mind ever.
  16. #16  
    Not sure about this or not, but didn't HTC build the Palm Treo's years back? Maybe they already have a business relationship.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Palm isn't be sold, bought out, or going anywhere.

    Lackys should just understand that and move on to bashing another company. Our CEO is on a steady road and knows exactly what he wants to do. And selling the company is NOT one of them in his mind ever.
    +1

    Why would Palm and Rubinstein post that interview that was listed today, and then all of a sudden say "oh we closed doors"

    As Ruby said, it will take some time, but Palm will be fine. Unsold devices are probably being moved as we speak that hit palm with the financials.

    It's what media does. Hype it all up if their earnings report isn't what they said exactly or better.

    No one knows what next quarter will bring.

    As for a new device, I'm sure Palm has it developed already along with webOS 2.0.. but.. why would they release yet? They are probably waiting to see what Apple does for their iPhone and what Android does. It's all about timing to compete. They said they learned from their mistakes and I have full confidence that they have.

    What they are doing is gaining market share and awareness with their multiple carrier releases with the Pre Plus.. then they can come out with whatever they're going to release.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    +1

    Why would Palm and Rubinstein post that interview that was listed today, and then all of a sudden say "oh we closed doors"

    As Ruby said, it will take some time, but Palm will be fine. Unsold devices are probably being moved as we speak that hit palm with the financials.

    It's what media does. Hype it all up if their earnings report isn't what they said exactly or better.

    No one knows what next quarter will bring.

    As for a new device, I'm sure Palm has it developed already along with webOS 2.0.. but.. why would they release yet? They are probably waiting to see what Apple does for their iPhone and what Android does. It's all about timing to compete. They said they learned from their mistakes and I have full confidence that they have.

    What they are doing is gaining market share and awareness with their multiple carrier releases with the Pre Plus.. then they can come out with whatever they're going to release.
    I can say one thing, as much as I'd hope for a new palm device. I don't see it happening anytime soon. John did state thoe that they plan to focus there money on R&D. But I can't see anything coming out on the 1yr anvi of the pre. Perchance made public on that date, but not out in our hands for sometime after that.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Palm isn't be sold, bought out, or going anywhere.

    Lackys should just understand that and move on to bashing another company. Our CEO is on a steady road and knows exactly what he wants to do. And selling the company is NOT one of them in his mind ever.
    I'm sorry do you work for Palm? Otherwise the cult of Rubinstein jargon you're using leans towards the uber creepy. Ol' Rubi did not lay out what the strategy for Palm would be should the money run out. All speculation essentially rides on the success of the next webOS device, since all money according to Rubenstein are going to R&D.

    I'm fairly confident that the missteps of the Pre's release will be noted and the next phone will be a roaring success. At the same time my optimism is definitely extremely tentative for the very same reason of how Palm handled the release of the Pre.

    Should it not succeed and all the money's been spent, I'd say a licensing agreement, or a partnership with a company like HTC who has no interest in discarding webOS, rather improving it would be the most lucrative choice and would benefit all parties involved, not to mention the incredible boost it would give the stock. Look at how mere speculation that Rim might acquire Palm boosted Palm's stock. If it were a reality the future of Palm and HTC would appear to be limitless.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    We could partner!! Hey, and hire some of the experts on here that know so much about what Palm "should" be doing!!!

    Better yet, hire all of them. All that stuff is easy, they've said so. And it'll all be ready next week!!
    You're completely wrong. It all should have been ready yesterday.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions