1.    #1  
    Unfortunately it appears that my screen has died. Periodically over the past two weeks the screen would take a second or two to turn on, and sometimes it would turn on very dimly. Now, it will not turn on for anything. I was able to connect it to my laptop and backup my USB partition. Funny thing is that before I put it into USB mode I took a screenshot (Orange+Sym+P) and the screen shot looks great on the USB partition (even with all the SMS, email and facebook notifications I can't get to ).

Here are my three questions:

1) I have not power cycled the Pre yet to see if this can resolve the issue. I knew it was still running because the light was flashing (it is a Sprint Pre) and I received several phone calls via the Bluetooth in the Tahoe I am driving). How do you power cycle the Pre if you can't see the UI? Is just pulling the battery the only way? I hate to do a "hard reset" like that, but is their any other option? Is Orange+Sym+R enough? That will restart the Pre, but will not completely power it down will it?

2) I have quite a few patches installed. If I take my USB partition and copy it onto a new phone, then install Preware via WOSQI will Preware recognize the .webosinternals.patches.packages file and allow me to reinstall easily (or is it all manual)?

3) Since I haven't rebooted yet I don't know if that will allow the screen to work again. Given the history I have had with this, I would like to have it replaced by Sprint. What if I reboot and the screen comes back on and won't "not work" when I take it to the Sprint store. Will it depend on the employee as to whether they believe me or not that it has stopped functioning?

Thanks in advance!!
    1. It just restarts it, like you would restart a PC. It fully powers down, but then sends the reset signal to the hardware to boot back up.

2. Sorry, I don't know.

3. Don't know. But if it's working perfectly in the Sprint store I can't see why they'd take it back.