Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Until the TMC monster is slain for people who actually use Pres that are not overclocked, then this phone can never be said to have true multi-tasking.
    Getting TMC with one card is not multi-tasking, is it?
    I've never really had a problem with the TMC error. I heard using JsTop helps alot to clear out the memory.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I've never really had a problem with the TMC error. I heard using JsTop helps alot to clear out the memory.
    The majority of ppl here at Pre|C use stuff like that, but the majority of owners outside of here don't even know about that and they have to put up with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    The majority of ppl here at Pre|C use stuff like that, but the majority of owners outside of here don't even know about that and they have to put up with it.
    Yea, that is true. I forgot about those other people (which are actually the majority of Pre owners) lol
  5.    #5  
    Yea, that is true. I forgot about those other people (which are actually the majority of Pre owners) lol
    Exactly, most of us here do.
    Looks like you're not going to be making much money on this thread, pqp lol
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Is this a test to see if '' in front of a thread works better than without?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I've had 1 TMC error since August and I don't use anything to monitor/clear memory.
  9.    #9  
    Looks like you're not going to be making much money on this thread, pqp lol
    Hahaha...
    I signed back in just to tell you that acually made me lol lol.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Is this a test to see if '' in front of a thread works better than without?
    Hmm..
    That's a good question, but i just wanted people to know that it wasn't a duplicate thread, yet similar at the same time.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I've had 1 TMC error since August and I don't use anything to monitor/clear memory.
    Maybe you haven't noticed, but that's a MAJOR and well-known issue here.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Maybe you haven't noticed, but that's a MAJOR and well-known issue here.
    Right, for people who you have already pointed out aren't the majority Pre users.

I think only Palm and Sprint tech support have any idea who is getting this error. I only get it when I try and open a 3D game, which seems to not be the majority of Pre users (looking at DL totals)... I have the 800MHz patch and the auto reset patch but not the jstop patch. Seems resetting the phone once a day is more than enough to knock this problem only if you use 3D games. I forget when I have it set to reset itself, probably 4am when I'm still in my nightly coma.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I thought the TMC error had been fixed as of the 1.4.1 update.... It's non-existent for my Pre whereas it was a daily annoyance before.
    The only times I have ever seen the TMC error is when trying to launch a 3D game (very rare occurrence) and after doing something stupid with homebrew packages (one time occurrence). I wonder how big of a problem TMC is for the common user, not the power users of Precentral.
    i never really ever had tmc errors except when i load 3d games. i dont know how everyone else has these problems here. maybe its some of these patches or homebrew apps that we are running. ive never really had more than ten patches though. do you guys restart your phone often?
    In my entire use of my Pre, since launch day, I've only had about maybe 5 TMC errors. All of them have been from 3D games. I don't know what the big problem is, its so rare I don't see why you're acting as if this is a big deal. My father "a common user" has been using his Pre almost as long as me. He has only gotten one TMC error in his entire time using the Pre, and he knows nothing about patches or Preware or anything. He hadn't turned his phone off in probably over 3 months, I told him to just restart his phone, and he hasn't had a problem since.

By the way dbd, theres a thing called "Edit". It lets you edit your post so you don't make 3 in a row. You should use it.
    [QUOTE=dbd;2369763]Until the TMC monster is slain for people who actually

Hello,what does tmc as to do with true multitasking.. I've never had the too many cards error,after opening one,or two cards. Multitasking is what the the pre's does... Do you even know about webos platform,do you even own a pre? Type in multitasking in your google browser,and see if palm pre comes up or iphone. Read this and learn... LIFE MOVE FAST,DONT MISS A THING. IPHONE USERS OR LOVERS, DO YOU GUYS HAVE A FORUM OR NOT?? The last time I check this forum say.- precentral.net.
    I have had none since 1.4.1.

I've even been able to load more stuff since then as well which has baffled me
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I do get TMC errors. But beats not able to run more than one app. I think iPhone is going the right direction, but constraint the apps to 7 services, means by the time they have true multitasking (it is inevitable as smartphones become more powerful, the memory and performance problems Apple is trying to avoid woud be gone), developers have to update their apps again. Very short sighted.

Now, I get TMC errors mainly because I am a heavy user. After 1.4.1.1, I typically have 5 to 7 apps open throughout the day. And then after work, when I try to look at photos or other media heavy full webpages. Of course, 3d games does it, too. I think if I had Pre Plus, I would a lot less such errors. Pre is not perfect, but it has true multitaksing, which is more important.
    Strange, I have never got the TMC error message on my Sprint Pre and neither have my two kids on their Pre's. I run multiple apps at once, playing Pandora, texting, running Sprint Nav.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast