Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    In my entire use of my Pre, since launch day, I've only had about maybe 5 TMC errors. All of them have been from 3D games. I don't know what the big problem is, its so rare I don't see why you're acting as if this is a big deal. My father "a common user" has been using his Pre almost as long as me. He has only gotten one TMC error in his entire time using the Pre, and he knows nothing about patches or Preware or anything. He hadn't turned his phone off in probably over 3 months, I told him to just restart his phone, and he hasn't had a problem since.

    By the way dbd, theres a thing called "Edit". It lets you edit your post so you don't make 3 in a row. You should use it.
    I was responding to, and quoting from, three different people so i made three different posts. I see no problem with that.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 04/08/2010 at 10:36 PM.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush
    Hello,what does tmc as to do with true multitasking.. I've never had the too many cards error,after opening one,or two cards. Multitasking is what the the pre's does... Do you even know about webos platform,do you even own a pre? Type in multitasking in your google browser,and see if palm pre comes up or iphone. Read this and learn... LIFE MOVE FAST,DONT MISS A THING. IPHONE USERS OR LOVERS, DO YOU GUYS HAVE A FORUM OR NOT?? The last time I check this forum say.- precentral.net.
    Do I even know what webOS is?
    Do I even own a Pre?
    Are you kidding me?!

    I bought, and have used the Sprint Pre as my only phone since a week after it was launched last June.
    And, as most people also know here, my Pre has always been stock. No patches, no tweaks, not even any homebrew.
    Not only that, i've never even used a stinkin' iPhone, so don't give me that crap either.

    For a fellow Brooklynite, i'm surprised at you.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 04/08/2010 at 10:51 PM.
  3. #23  
    [QUOTE=dbd;2370441]
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post

    Do I even know what webOS is?
    Do I even own a Pre?
    Are you kidding me?!

    I bought, and have used the Sprint Pre as my only phone since a week after it was launched last June.
    And, as most people also know here, my Pre has always been stock. No patches, no tweaks, not even any homebrew.
    Yeah, it's something i'm doing wrong. Right.
    Com'on, turn that frown upside down
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Getting TMC with one card is not multi-tasking, is it?
    No, its not!!

    I still get this problem, not only with 3D games, but everytime I try to open more than 5 cards! Recently, I've been getting the error while playing Need for Speed (Game starts and then stops with no other cards open.)

    I've also got the TMC error with zero cards open, and the only way to "correct" the problem is to reboot the phone using the ringer switch and power button!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyKat View Post
    No, its not!!

    I still get this problem, not only with 3D games, but everytime I try to open more than 5 cards! Recently, I've been getting the error while playing Need for Speed (Game starts and then stops with no other cards open.)

    I've also got the TMC error with zero cards open, and the only way to "correct" the problem is to reboot the phone using the ringer switch and power button!
    Have you looked into the JsTop app? You can usually free up your memory using that. No reboot required!
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9
    Com'on, turn that frown upside down
    I just hate when ppl don't read ANYthing i've written since i started here, and then think that they know me. It's amazing.
  7. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Strange, I have never got the TMC error message on my Sprint Pre and neither have my two kids on their Pre's. I run multiple apps at once, playing Pandora, texting, running Sprint Nav.
    Other than 3D game, full blown webpages is another one that can easily get TMC.

    However, I must say I disagree with OP. Any system has a limit. TMC is just a way to inform user such a limit is hit. It is not a problem with the OS. As smartphones gets more resources, TMC will be less often and eventually virtually gone. I could easily make my old PC with 128 MB to run out of memories (I still have the PC). I simply open a ton of IE windows and it will give some memory errors. But on my 8GB machine, I was never able to use the full 8GB. I had a huge HTML that topped at 2GB. I had old Adobe Premier top at 3GB, still I have room for other things. Even a game only takes 1 or 2GB memory only.

    It may take phones a long time to get 8GB of RAM, but certainly not impossible. And phones are smaller and needs less resources for Apps, I can easily see in one or two years, TMC would be gone without WebOS making any huge changes. But with iPhone, you are stuck unless major OS changes are done, which means in stability. While WebOS can perfect on other features, iPhone has to look at overhauling OS. And without the card system, I don't see how people an easily manage multiple running apps on a small screen.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    Other than 3D game, full blown webpages is another one that can easily get TMC.

    However, I must say I disagree with OP. Any system has a limit. TMC is just a way to inform user such a limit is hit. It is not a problem with the OS. As smartphones gets more resources, TMC will be less often and eventually virtually gone. I could easily make my old PC with 128 MB to run out of memories (I still have the PC). I simply open a ton of IE windows and it will give some memory errors. But on my 8GB machine, I was never able to use the full 8GB. I had a huge HTML that topped at 2GB. I had old Adobe Premier top at 3GB, still I have room for other things. Even a game only takes 1 or 2GB memory only.

    It may take phones a long time to get 8GB of RAM, but certainly not impossible. And phones are smaller and needs less resources for Apps, I can easily see in one or two years, TMC would be gone without WebOS making any huge changes. But with iPhone, you are stuck unless major OS changes are done, which means in stability. While WebOS can perfect on other features, iPhone has to look at overhauling OS. And without the card system, I don't see how people an easily manage multiple running apps on a small screen.
    How could using just one basic app, like say the native contacts app, be overusing the system?
    It's not the user's fault, it's the well-documented poor memory management of the OS.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Hmm..
    That's a good question, but i just wanted people to know that it wasn't a duplicate thread, yet similar at the same time.
    dbd does the dots to make his posts look more important than others, it's a known bug.

    As for the TMC, I have only seen it once or twice with the 720mhz. A unpatched pixi according to the girlfriend who used to complain all the time about it states "ya, known come to think of it since you did that stuff with it on the computer, I haven't seen it"

    Now in fairness, I have made it a habit to restart her pixi each night as well as my pre before I fall asleep.... So I don't know if 1.4.1 helped or if it's the restarts. Btw, Sandstorm seems to load in lower memory situations than NFL2010... Could it be better code?
  10. #30  
    [QUOTE=rush;2370370]
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Until the TMC monster is slain for people who actually

    Hello,what does tmc as to do with true multitasking.. I've never had the too many cards error,after opening one,or two cards. Multitasking is what the the pre's does... Do you even know about webos platform,do you even own a pre? Type in multitasking in your google browser,and see if palm pre comes up or iphone. Read this and learn... LIFE MOVE FAST,DONT MISS A THING. IPHONE USERS OR LOVERS, DO YOU GUYS HAVE A FORUM OR NOT?? The last time I check this forum say.- precentral.net.
    The only multitasking my Pre does is open 1 OR 2 cards & get the TMC or Press the power button to wake up phone then the phone reboots itself.

    I guess that is the way a low life company like Palm calls multitasking.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    The only multitasking my Pre does is open 1 OR 2 cards & get the TMC or Press the power button to wake up phone then the phone reboots itself.

    I guess that is the way a low life company like Palm calls multitasking.
    Michael, please fix the quote tags so ppl don't think that what Rush said is what I said. Thanks.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    The only multitasking my Pre does is open 1 OR 2 cards & get the TMC or Press the power button to wake up phone then the phone reboots itself.

    I guess that is the way a low life company like Palm calls multitasking.
    Sounds like you need a replacement...
  13. #33  
    How glad i checked in here cause it made me think when was the last time that i had the THC BS, and i don't think i had it since 1.4.1.1, fingers crossed of course, only problem with universal search, but thats another story
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    How glad i checked in here cause it made me think when was the last time that i had the TMC BS, and i don't think i had it since 1.4.1.1, fingers crossed of course, only problem with universal search, but thats another story
    .

    Slight correction made.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 04/09/2010 at 12:19 PM.
  15.    #35  
    Wow....
    Doesn't anybody check past the first two pages around here?

    I know you guys have more to say on this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions