1.    #1  
    I found what I consider to be two (2) bugs with the Alarm Clock.

1) Alarms are not going off if the previous alarm was "silenced" via the Down Volume Key. I initially believed this was "snoozing" the alarm but I do not believe it is, which brings me to the second bug.
    2) The Down Volume key is not snoozing the alarm so you are not reminded at all about the alarm

This is 100% reproducible and has caused me to be late to work...multiple times (you'd think I would learn after the first time but I haven't).

Here are the steps to reproduce the issue:

1) Setup three Alarms to go off at any interval (6:00am, 6:15am, 6:30am is how I have my alarms set). For testing purposes you can setup five (5) minute intervals or even one (1) minute intervals of you have the patch or put in the code allowing for one (1) minute intervals.
    2) The first alarm will ring. If you hit the Down Volume Key the alarm will be silenced (this is true regardless if Screen lock is enabled and/or if you have your phone password protected).
    3) Now, the second, third or any other subsequent alarm will NEVER go off.
    4) If you look at the screen (unlock the phone if need be) you'll see that the Pre is waiting for action to be taken against the alarm (Snooze or Dismiss).
    5) Until an action is taken, no other alarms will function

I'll tell you, at 6am in the morning, I'm not in the mood to open my phone and take action against the alarm in order for my other alarms to go off. That's why I have three alarms....and that's why I hit the Down Volume button. That button should act as the "Snooze" button. Or, at the very least, it should not keep the other alarms from going off. If I have an alarm notification that has not been attended to and I reach another alarm, my phone should ring that next alarm.

I searched the forums and did not find any reports of this, although I did find quite a few threads about the Alarm Clock, so this issue might have been buried in one of the threads but I believe it warrants its own thread.

Mike
    Last edited by mikedill24; 04/08/2010 at 06:14 PM.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Nice bug report! Have you posted it on the official Palm forums? They are relatively responsive to bugs that can be recreated. Considering your unique situation (actually I do this kind of thing for my nightstand alarm) they may not be doing this specific set of steps during quality checks, which would explain why it's gone unnoticed for so long.

Good luck!
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  3.    #3  
    Good suggestion. I have posted on Palm's support site as well. Hopefully this is something of importance to them and it gets fixed soon....cause it's of high importance to me and I would imagine others as well.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    In the mean time, you could get an alarm clock with 2 alarms at Wally World for $10... Mine has actually lasted more than a year!
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3