Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi,
    So i am currently on my 4th Palm pre from Bell. After the overclocking patches came through, i installed the 800MHZ and my battery was draining crazy, so i removed it and all was good. Once 1.4.1 was released, i installed 720mhz patch and it all seemed good till yesterday. At around 2 pm or so, i started noticing that i was getting disconnected from gtalk constantly and my EV icon on the top was missing. I wasnt able to surf the web or anything. Whenever i restarted my phone, it would come up for about 10 seconds and the EV icon would disappear. So i went home and did a full erase but it will still doing that and so i doctored it completely to 1.4.0 and it was still doing the same thing. I ran the quick test in device info and the only error i got was error 20 for the modem.

So my question is if any of you know anything i can do with the phone to get the data back on or am i the first victim of overclocking (since i barely used the phone for 8 hours after installing 720mhz?
    if your on wiFi EV icon disappears

Also do you have an IP address when connected to EV/WiFi? Check to make sure your resolving...
    Last edited by izkeepsitreal; 04/08/2010 at 05:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I am not connected to wifi... if i am everrything is good... its just that data wont come through from bell to the phone
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    any ideas anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by saketh321 View Post
    any ideas anyone?
    No ideas, but I had the same issue after I installed mobile hotspot on a co-worker's Pre yesterday. The phone would randomly just drop the data connection.

I removed hotspot, restated the phone and it worked fine again. I reinstalled hotspot and everything is now working correctly.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but I thought I'd let you know someone else had the issue and that it is potentially "fixable"
    Something is broken by the sounds of it....

You can WebosDR ur phone... see if that fixes it up... aside from that I'd say maybe a bat Radio in the phone?? I think you can go into Device info and do a hardware test to confirm (before dr'ing) ...

Otherwise call Bell and complain... I had a issue near my house where the phone was constantly going into 1x and I couldn't receive phone calls... after much *****ing they sent out some techs with a laptop who confirmed it was broken no Bell's side... switched around some things on their end and now I'm doing ok
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    yep i doctored it and still the same results, i have also run the diagnostic test on it and it is saying model error 20.

i do have a replacement on the way but it is going to take about a month