Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Today I have had an issue with the Pre which meant I had to do an erase of all data and recover this from my saved profile. When the data was recovered all the apps re downloaded including the paid apps, but what was missing was the EA Games that I dowloaded in March during the free period. When I went to the app catalogue to download them they are now chargeable. Has anyone any ideas on this please to download them again FOC?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by markda2000 View Post
    Has anyone any ideas on this please to download them again FOC?
    Not possible if you haven't saved them.. three free EA games was a limited offer, and Palm clearly stated that after a device reset/doctoring those apps would not be available for free anymore.

    You can buy them now though
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    Palm clearly stated that after a device reset/doctoring those apps would not be available for free anymore.
    They did? I had to reset my phone three days after I bought it on March 31st and I have been trying to get those apps back.

    In fact, none of the installed apps were redownloaded upon resyncing the Palm profile. All userdata was resynced though, when I manually install the app again, everything is there. Is that the intended performance?
  4. #4  
    At least you got to play with them long enough to decide if they were really worth the money. Better than paying full retail for glider, only to find out that it's really boring and makes you a little sea-sick.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    You can buy them now though
    Yes, if you live in the US, UK or Germany.
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    go buy em
    ***** you have a few shoes! I collect, but not like that. wow!
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

    Amazon =
  7. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    ***** you have a few shoes! I collect, but not like that. wow!
    haha loll
  8.    #9  
    O2 have been advertising the games for free, it seems very unfair that if you have a system issue (which would be palms fault ultimately) then you lose the what was offered as an enticement to people to take the contract on the Pre in the first place.

    Just to add to that O2 are still advertising on their websit that the three games in question are still free.
    Last edited by markda2000; 04/09/2010 at 02:15 AM.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by markda2000 View Post
    O2 have been advertising the games for free, it seems very unfair that if you have a system issue (which would be palms fault ultimately) then you lose the what was offered as an enticement to people to take the contract on the Pre in the first place.

    Just to add to that O2 are still advertising on their websit that the three games in question are still free.
    not O2, only the O2 of GB, but even they only say it on the starting-page, not even telling which games just "3 free EA Games".

    Other countries O2 stated clearly that the games were free only until March 31st, and not for free anymore after this date.


    btw
    (which would be palms fault ultimately)
    i've seen people patching around like stupid, causing their palm to create errors and not work properly. palms fault?
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by VikramPune View Post
    Yes, if you live in the US, UK or Germany.
    Well, yeah.. s*cks for everyone else, I know believe me
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by squ33d View Post
    not O2, only the O2 of GB, but even they only say it on the starting-page, not even telling which games just "3 free EA Games".

    Other countries O2 stated clearly that the games were free only until March 31st, and not for free anymore after this date.
    Ahem. I was well aware of that, but I understood that as "download until 31st of March and its free to keep" (as in promotion) and not "free to try until 31st March" (as in time-limited demo). It was a sales pitch after all, and Palm did not "clearly state" anything, at least I did not come across anything.

    And yes, it was a very little push, but this pushed me over to finally buying the Pre. So please understand that I feel a little betrayed.

    It's a little comparable to the PS3 scenario: I bought it with a set of functionality which has now been crippled.

    But maybe the problem after all is another one: if Palm or O2 Germany in my case did state that I would lose the Games upon a device reset I swear I did not read anything about it before coming across this thread. As I said before it was a very little push, but without it I probably would have waited for the Pre Plus to come to Germany.
  12. #13  
    Google is your friend.
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceTraderotPre View Post
    But maybe the problem after all is another one: if Palm or O2 Germany in my case did state that I would lose the Games upon a device reset I swear I did not read anything about it before coming across this thread.
    Well I'm sorry, but that's your problem, there's no "betrayal" of anyone.

    This is the German press release, it's clearly stated that you will loose those apps after a full reset (I'm sure they said the same in English):

    Sollte es für den Kunden erforderlich sein nach Ablauf der Werbeaktion am 31. März 2010 Daten auf seinem Gerät teilweise oder vollständig zu löschen, werden die kostenlos heruntergeladenen Spiele nicht wiederhergestellt. Ein erneuter Download aus dem Palm App Catalog wäre dann kostenpflichtig.
    http://www.palm.com/de/de/products/s...mh=edc1.438238

    It's not Palm's fault that you didn't read this.
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  14. #15  
    yeah. Also downloaded the ipks

Posting Permissions