Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    .... to the constant switching between EV and 1x.
    Have you Sprint Pre people noticed that it seems like this is an issue that was actually fixed sometime during the past month or so?
    Or is it just my phone?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I really wish you'd say goodbye to this forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of your nonsensical titles to get traffic to your posts.
    Mine seems to have to settled down quite a bit. Not sure how or why but it's a welcomed change nonetheless.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I really wish you'd say goodbye to this forum. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of your nonsensical titles to get traffic to your posts.
    Yeah.
    I get paid for each response.

Keep it on topic. You know the rules, right?
    I never actually had this issue in the first place, but good to see they're improving it for anyone who had it.
    Yes, you actually are the only one...

Back on topic: I haven't had Sprint service since November, so I have nothing to contribute. I will share in your joy of getting better signal though lol
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yes, you actually are the only one...

Back on topic: I haven't had Sprint service since November, so I have nothing to contribute. I will share in your joy of getting better signal though lol
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Yeah.
    I get paid for each response.

Keep it on topic. You know the rules, right?
    He is on topic. The topic being " I think i could say GOODBYE now..."
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reallynice View Post
    He is on topic. The topic being " I think i could say GOODBYE now..."
    No.
    That was part of a sentence that finished by talking about EV/1x - which is what the topic is.
    try updating your prl...that may help get some newer towers programmed into the pre..and possibly a better signal. To do so..open your phone...press the sprint tab up top...click preferences...scroll down and you should see update prl...your phone will update and the restart its radio and network..and the preferences screen will come back when it's done. Before you do that...check your prl number first...open device info...scroll down and press more info...then scroll down again to see your prl number...after updating the prl..open the device info again to see if it updated.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hashman007 View Post
    try updating your prl...that may help get some newer towers programmed into the pre..and possibly a better signal. To do so..open your phone...press the sprint tab up top...click preferences...scroll down and you should see update prl...your phone will update and the restart its radio and network..and the preferences screen will come back when it's done. Before you do that...check your prl number first...open device info...scroll down and press more info...then scroll down again to see your prl number...after updating the prl..open the device info again to see if it updated.
    Good advice.
    Everybody should check on PRL every couple of weeks to be sure they're up to date.
    I was just wondering if the improvement is something that was incorporated into 1.4 or 1.4.1.1
    Nuts... you had my hopes high and then dashed to the ground when I opened the thread!

Seriously though.. I was riding the train home yesterday and had mine flipping back and forth between 1x and EV like a fat kid with a ice cream sandwich in each hand. Same train ride every night and sometimes I hold a Sprint signal all the way home, and others times like this it roams back and forth.

Btw... posters visit this thread today and help a celebration of stupidity. Yes it's dumb and only for today.
    I haven't had that problem, but the other night I was using some app(s) on my Pre and all of a sudden a message popped up that my phone was updating the PRL. I didn't ask it to updated it, it did it on its own. I thought that was neat (though I do occassionally go click to update the PRL and the other thing that's there to update, I forget what it is, LOL).
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Nuts... you had my hopes high and then dashed to the ground when I opened the thread!

Seriously though.. I was riding the train home yesterday and had mine flipping back and forth between 1x and EV like a fat kid with a ice cream sandwich in each hand. Same train ride every night and sometimes I hold a Sprint signal all the way home, and others times like this it roams back and forth.

Btw... posters visit this thread today and help a celebration of stupidity. Yes it's dumb and only for today.
    Well, riding on the train, i could understand that happening.
    The issue used to be while the Pre was just sitting at a desk or something like that. Just sitting there with no ice cream AT ALL.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    I haven't had that problem, but the other night I was using some app(s) on my Pre and all of a sudden a message popped up that my phone was updating the PRL. I didn't ask it to updated it, it did it on its own. I thought that was neat (though I do occassionally go click to update the PRL and the other thing that's there to update, I forget what it is, LOL).
    Network settings.
    +1
    I agree with the spirit of this, but dbd is good for a laugh now and again. And if everyone who broke forum etiquette were shooed away, why, we'd not have much of a forum left.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I agree with the spirit of this, but dbd is good for a laugh now and again. And if everyone who broke forum etiquette were shooed away, why, we'd not have much of a forum left.
    I know that most of the time, we have differing opinions, so thank you for your support.
    I call this "sprint signal flopping". And it doesn't appear to have gotten any better for me. I can go from 5-bars EV to 0-bars 1x and back in a matter of seconds. I never saw this on any of my other sprint phones. Only on the Pre & the Pixi. It's maddening.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I call this "sprint signal flopping". And it doesn't appear to have gotten any better for me. I can go from 5-bars EV to 0-bars 1x in seconds and back in a matter of seconds. I never saw this on any of my other sprint phones. Only on the Pre & the Pixi. It's maddening.
    Yep, that's how it was for me too (and only on these phones, like you said).
    I can't believe mine's been better recently.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast