Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So get this, I'm in class and in front of the lecture, and my phone is on SILENT (RINGER OFF, in the settings, when it's ringer off, it's not even on Vibrate, its MUTE). I'm sitting there and my daily alarm clock BLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTS! WHAT THE HELL! In all my other phones, if the ringer is OFF, mute or silent, the alarm wouldnt play! Sure it might "play", but it surely wouldn't emit any sound/noise because THE *(&(#*@ WAS ON SILENT!@! This doesn't make any sense. I did a test like 5 mins ago and it did the same thing! WHY CANT WE SILENCE OUR ALARMS?!
    try flippin the switch next to the power button up top. I think it disables all sounds.
    It's a ringer switch, not an all sound switch. If I turn my ringer off so phone/sms don't wake me up at night, I still want my alarm to wake me up in the morning.
    Dunno... I agree. There is a patch in Preware to make the ringer 'mute' switch truly MUTE the phone. Install that and you will never have that happen in class again!

**btw... hit up this thread today and help the celebration
    Go the the Preferences of the Clock app. There's an option to keep alarms silent when the ringer switch is off.

That'll solve your problem.
    If you go into the Clock preferences, you can click to allow the ringer switch to also turn off the alarm.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    How hard can it be to turn off alarms. Press the alarm bit at the bottom and swipe away. Done
    Quote Originally Posted by sjholland87 View Post
    How hard can it be to turn off alarms. Press the alarm bit at the bottom and swipe away. Done
    In the middle of a lecture theatre, with the phone in your pocket - I imagine it's a touch more awkward than that when the sound is blaring.
    Quote Originally Posted by electronic_chicken View Post
    Go the the Preferences of the Clock app. There's an option to keep alarms silent when the ringer switch is off.
    Exactly.

As for the OP and his phone going off in class...who cares? Everyone's had it happen a time or two. Learn the proper settings or get the **** over it.
  10. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    So get this, I'm in class and in front of the lecture, and my phone is on SILENT (RINGER OFF, in the settings, when it's ringer off, it's not even on Vibrate, its MUTE). I'm sitting there and my daily alarm clock BLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTS! WHAT THE HELL! In all my other phones, if the ringer is OFF, mute or silent, the alarm wouldnt play! Sure it might "play", but it surely wouldn't emit any sound/noise because THE *(&(#*@ WAS ON SILENT!@! This doesn't make any sense. I did a test like 5 mins ago and it did the same thing! WHY CANT WE SILENCE OUR ALARMS?!
    This is true. It is quite annoying.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Who sets an alarm for a time that they'll be in class?

Unless your alarm is set for, let's say 7am, and it goes off at 8:27am. Now you do have a complaint...
    Quote Originally Posted by electronic_chicken View Post
    In the middle of a lecture theatre, with the phone in your pocket - I imagine it's a touch more awkward than that when the sound is blaring.
    Well do it before he gets to class! If i'm up before the alarm wakes me, that's exactly what I do
    Well FWIW reading this tread brought a smile to my face as I imagined what the OP went through. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but it did make me laugh. Thanks for sharing
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    Well I can understand how not knowing all the features of your phone can make YOU feel dumb when something like this happens.... I just don't see how it makes the PRE dumb
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I made a patch, Really Silent Ringer Switch that makes it so having the ringer switch to silent will cut sound output.

However, in the Alarm app, if you set Alarms to go off regardless of Ringer switch, then it'll still go off
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I actually love this feature and use it daily.... I don't want to hear text messages/phone calls while sleeping but want to hear my alarm!
    I can't turn the airplane mode on b/c I need to be able to see my phone and in case of emergency, use my phone calls or see what calls I missed b/c I have the ringer off.....
    ^ Same here!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    ^same
    Yep, I love this feature. I keep my ringer switch on silent almost all the time, but still get awoken by my alarm, helpfully, I might add.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Hilarious op! Hilarious!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast