Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post

    However, in the Alarm app, if you set Alarms to go off regardless of Ringer switch, then it'll still go off
    Ha! I didn't know about that, this is good. But what if you want to play a game in silent mode, the game sound still plays doesn't it?
  2. lupos's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    #22  
    To sum up: Different != Dumb

    –adjective
    1.
    lacking intelligence or good judgment

    I think the fact that my alarm still wakes me in the morning while txt messages and emails don't is very intelligent and was a good judgment.
  3. #23  
    would you rather have your phone ringer accidentally go off in your lecture,

    or miss your class because you forgot to un-silent your phone.

    Your choice.

    Personally, I think its a great idea, as on my Treo in the past I would accidentally leave my phone silent and sleep through the alarm.
  4. #24  
    I have to agree with the original poster - I'd rather have the switch be a "fully silent" switch. I've had to remember to turn down the volume on music separately when I need it to be silent, like in a MOVIE THEATRE...
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It's a ringer switch, not an all sound switch. If I turn my ringer off so phone/sms don't wake me up at night, I still want my alarm to wake me up in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    To sum up: Different != Dumb

    –adjective
    1.
    lacking intelligence or good judgment

    I think the fact that my alarm still wakes me in the morning while txt messages and emails don't is very intelligent and was a good judgment.
    ...........

    Would be nice to have a Sound Control app where I can define what the switch does. I for one am used to the treo's fully silent mode, but can see your point of having it not affect alarms. A nice app to define how the switch works would allow us to control it ourselves and we'd both be happy!
  6. #26  
    I can think of much dummer things that that...like the inability to write standard SDK apps with sounds because of horrible lag. This one just boggles my mind
  7. wicketr's Avatar
    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #27  
    Why do you have an alarm set to go off in class in the first place??? If it's set, then it's supposed to alert/wake you up.

    The phone was just doing the job you told it to do. You gave it conflicting commands. Don't get made at it when you were the one who told it to wake you up and be quiet at the same time.
  8. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjholland87 View Post
    How hard can it be to turn off alarms. Press the alarm bit at the bottom and swipe away. Done
    The fastest way to turn off alarm is to press the volume button on the side. This is especially useful when you need a code to unlock the phone.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame2388 View Post
    So get this, I'm in class and in front of the lecture, and my phone is on SILENT (RINGER OFF, in the settings, when it's ringer off, it's not even on Vibrate, its MUTE). I'm sitting there and my daily alarm clock BLASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTS! WHAT THE HELL! In all my other phones, if the ringer is OFF, mute or silent, the alarm wouldnt play! Sure it might "play", but it surely wouldn't emit any sound/noise because THE *(&(#*@ WAS ON SILENT!@! This doesn't make any sense. I did a test like 5 mins ago and it did the same thing! WHY CANT WE SILENCE OUR ALARMS?!
    just turn alarms off when not needed man lol
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by electronic_chicken View Post
    Go the the Preferences of the Clock app. There's an option to keep alarms silent when the ringer switch is off.

    That'll solve your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    If you go into the Clock preferences, you can click to allow the ringer switch to also turn off the alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I made a patch, Really Silent Ringer Switch that makes it so having the ringer switch to silent will cut sound output. ...
    Why? This seems redundant to what options the application already provides as you even point out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    ... However, in the Alarm app, if you set Alarms to go off regardless of Ringer switch, then it'll still go off
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Yep, I love this feature. I keep my ringer switch on silent almost all the time, but still get awoken by my alarm, helpfully, I might add.
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    I actually love this feature and use it daily.... I don't want to hear text messages/phone calls while sleeping but want to hear my alarm!
    I can't turn the airplane mode on b/c I need to be able to see my phone and in case of emergency, use my phone calls or see what calls I missed b/c I have the ringer off.....
    Probably the DUMBEST aspect of the user ... is not looking around in the preferences and settings before posting a rant to the public.

    /thread
  11.    #31  
    Fine fine.....I messed up. Peace.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver00 View Post
    I have to agree with the original poster - I'd rather have the switch be a "fully silent" switch. I've had to remember to turn down the volume on music separately when I need it to be silent, like in a MOVIE THEATRE...
    I don't get this, why do you guys set your alarms to go off when you're in a theater, or in class?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions