View Poll Results: Still on your 1st pre?Proud?

Voters
785. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm on my 1st pre and proud!!!!

663 84.46%
  • I had a REALLY bad one, but since the new batch..I haven't considered sending it back

38 4.84%
  • I've had a few over the past few months but I think this is the ONE for me now!!

61 7.77%
  • I want my hardware to be 100%...even 99.9% is unsatisfactory

23 2.93%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm fed up of hearing about hardware failures and people on the N*th pre, I don't understand this, so Ive started this poll to see how many people are on their 1st pre, and its still going strong!!!

P.S, I'm on my 1st GSM Pre with 800Mhz patch, not 1 problem, the slider sticks on the keys abit, but this isnt enough to get a new one

EDIT: if you broke it yourself, its still you *first* pre, this is just a poll for *hardware* replacements!

EDIT2: When I say I don't understand this, I actually mean I don't understand how so many Pre's have had to be sent back, as I haven't had any problems (so I set up this poll to see the difference between hardware failure experiences...sort of).

Sorry for all the edits, I just don't want people to think that I'm having a go at people who replace their phone....
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 04/08/2010 at 03:35 PM.
    I'm with you.... now I have a crack in the USB door and screen blotches once in a while I still dont think I want to trade out. I've had my pre since day1 and it's still going strong.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Wife and I have our Pres in August and haven't replaced them. My Pre no longer has a USB door. Big deal, my work issues blackberries don't have them either. My slider wobbles maybe 1-2mm side to side, but nothing bad. No keyboard issues for me, I may have 1 or 2 stuck pixels. Power button works. Touchscreen occassionaly is unresponsive but I think that is software as locking the screen and unlocking it is enough to make it work.
    Glad you are still on your 1st, don't knock people who have had hardware issues. When you spend the money on a product it should work.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I have no problem with knowing some number of people had problems with hardware, but it just seems weird to go through 8 or 9 devices and somehow they were all faulty (in an objective sense. I'm sure some people would return a device for the minor and largely cosmetic issues I described with mine).
    My launch-day Pre was perfect, but I dropped it into a cup of green tea. This poll needs to account for folks who have new devices through no fault of Palm's.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I agree that you need a choice for i fudged my own pre -- i am on my second and it is solid -- so was my first -- i plugged it into a solar charger and fried it

my bad

rob
    I don't think it is fair to knock people who have been through multiple pres. Doesn't mean they necessarily abuse their phones.

I'll give you my story. I've always carried a cell phone on my for about 12 years. Never had a failure other than a couple times that were my fault.

I bought a pre on launch day. About 5 months in, the power button stopped working. Took it in, and it was replaced under warranty. About a week ago, my replacement just suffered the same issue. It was replaced under warranty again. On my third pre now and I've noticed that the keyboard backlight intermittently does not work.

In my house we have another pre that was purchased in July. That one has also had to be replaced.

Now I still am a WebOS fan, but with my experience, the hardware definitely has it's faults. Is any phone perfect hardware-wise? of course not, but just playing the numbers and my experience with other phones and hearing of others going through replacements, you can't deny there are issues. That doesn't mean every pre isn't going to last but you can't just write off others that have been through a few replacement phones that the users are all at fault.

That's just my 2 cents.
    I'm one of those people that stood in line outside the Sprint store on launch day in hopes of getting one and I obviously did. I'm still on the same one with patches, homebrews and all.
    I got a pre a week after launch, the charge cable port cover is broke off, but other than that still running and working like a champ !
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    same Pre since launch day and going great. No problems here
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    I have no problem with knowing some number of people had problems with hardware, but it just seems weird to go through 8 or 9 devices and somehow they were all faulty (in an objective sense. I'm sure some people would return a device for the minor and largely cosmetic issues I described with mine).
    totally agreed!!
    Still on my launch day Pre and so far it has taken everything I threw at it(knock on wood) from updates, patches etc without issue....I never had to repair or doctor it yet. Just hope it last until palm comes out with something new. Iphone just got multi tasking, Wp7, Evo coming out come on Palm bring on the new hardware.
    I'm still on my first Pre (almost 1 year now) and no problems other than the ones introduced or not fixed during the OTA updates. I'm running the 800Mhz patch scaling to 250Mhz and have a 1350 Siedio battery. The only complaints I have are from my wife because she says I spend too much time playing with it (the phone)
    Its really good when things work like they are suppose to.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I've had mine since 2 weeks after launch day and it is still going strong. There have been glitches like inadvertent power on/offs, and the very annoying stuck in headset mode problem but they went away. If you think that you have a bad Pre, stick it out for a while. Problems tend to disappear.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Still on my launch day Pre. USB cover door just fell off last night. Power button is soft, but still works. Otherwise i'm very happy with it. time to convince the wife to get one if sprint lowered the upgrade price a alittle that would help
    I think some of the returns for hardware were actually software but the user didn't know it.

I am pretty sure the first we returned (of two) would have been fixed with software, had we known.
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    I'm fed up of hearing about hardware failures and people on the N*th pre, I don't understand this, so Ive started this poll to see how many people are on their 1st pre, and its still going strong!!!

P.S, I'm on my 1srt GSM Pre with 800Mhz patch, not 1 problem, the slider sticks on the keys abit, but this isnt enough to get a new one

EDIT: if you broke it yourself, its still you *first* pre, this is just a poll for *hardware* replacements!
    You're fed up with those that complain about a product that doesn't meet their expectations? Maybe you can provide a sound piece of hardware that holds up under normal usage. Mine doesn't.

You sound an awful lot like someone that would rather stick their head in the sand and ignore the naysayers, those very people that also spent their hard earned $$ on a product that rarely works as designed.

Again, I don't know which is worse, trolls or Evangelizers.
    I'm just waiting for my second pre to come in the mail. My screen has developed several cracks, not scratches, but cracks, under my screen protector, and sometimes the left ear in my earbuds will cut out when I close the slider.

Hopefully Bell Pre #2 doesn't do that.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast