View Poll Results: Still on your 1st pre?Proud?

Voters
785. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm on my 1st pre and proud!!!!

663 84.46%
  • I had a REALLY bad one, but since the new batch..I haven't considered sending it back

38 4.84%
  • I've had a few over the past few months but I think this is the ONE for me now!!

61 7.77%
  • I want my hardware to be 100%...even 99.9% is unsatisfactory

23 2.93%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    jus got mine tues. And it's great !
    Got mine on Sprint day 1 and my wife's in October. Both are the originals. Mine has the USB door crack which doesn't effect anything, and my wife's is perfect. Neither one of us uses a case either.
    Still on my first but I will say that the button double/triple typing, misses, and what not are really starting to happen alot more than I would like.
    I'v had my pre since oct, in that time I have used it daily, dropped it, loaded with app's and patches, dropped it, and even dropped out of a moving car once. Other then some wiggling of the upper half its fine.
    I miss my 1998 Startac.
    I have an original launch Pre that I've been using with no problems since day 1.
    I have an original launch Pre and it's definitely got issues. The screen has multiple cracks underneath the surface and around the USB port. There are 2 physical cracks - one on each top corner. All of these have been spontaneous as I baby this thing. USB door fell off. Last week the power button stopped working and I took it in. Fortunately they were able the fix it on the spot, but their first response was that I obviously dropped the phone and broke the power button.

Here's my question: How do I avoid being blamed for dropping the phone the next time something goes wrong with it? The screen cracks are "PRE-existing" but I can't prove that...
    June 19th pre! I haven't had any major issues. I do have a crack on the lower right hand side but that's because I've dropped it so many times. Concrete is NOT pre-friendly!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subliminalfringe View Post
    I have an original launch Pre and it's definitely got issues. The screen has multiple cracks underneath the surface and around the USB port. There are 2 physical cracks - one on each top corner. All of these have been spontaneous as I baby this thing. USB door fell off. Last week the power button stopped working and I took it in. Fortunately they were able the fix it on the spot, but their first response was that I obviously dropped the phone and broke the power button.

Here's my question: How do I avoid being blamed for dropping the phone the next time something goes wrong with it? The screen cracks are "PRE-existing" but I can't prove that...
    Wish I can help you there. I got a first batch Sprint Pre and I have a few cracks in the gesture area, usb door is loose, and the power button has no physical feedback but it works. Compared it recently with a new Pre Plus and everything just seems better! Slider is very tight, the gesture area is smooth without the button, but I'll see if that Plus can last a long time like mines.

The first batch has it's flaws, but been running 800 Mhz since it was safely released and it's been great. It even survived a few drops! Of course I got Phantom Skinz on the screen to protect it. I would've preferred the Best Skins Ever because of the corners.
    I was an early adopter and got mine opening week. Sprint has had to swap my phone out so many times that if this next one has problems they said that they would exchange it for something else. After the last software update my gesture area stopped working. They replaced it and the ringer/vibrate switch doesn't work, so they ordered me another one. This will be my FIFTH handset in 8 months, and every single one of them was defective.
    The poll doesn't have an option for me. My first had a dead pixel in the center of the screen. I'm still on #2 even though I had the loose battery issue. If either mine or my wife's Pre fail, I MUST think about another option, but I don't want to leave WebOS.
    Unfortunately I am expecting my 5 Pre in the mail on Monday but I would consider it my first honestly because about three weeks ago, I got the Pre at a Radioshack and it came out of the box with a crack under the surface of the screen. The replacement for the first one had the exact same crack and the two refurbs that I got from the Sprint repair center had issues which made the phone not usable. I have very high hopes that the refurb coming directly to me from Palm will be a mint. I was going to try and keep the 4 because periodically there was a loud, high pitched feed back noise but I thought I could deal with it til the microphone went out... So, I know that looks kinda bad but honestly, I talked two friends into upgrading and theirs from the Sprint store have NO issues. So, if I hadn't started out at Radioshack I think it would have been different on my end anyway. I think this should count as my first considering but I guess by the rules of this poll it wouldn't. Still a wonderful device and I won't switch to another device.
    First Alltel "smartphone" HTC Touch (4 devices); then HTC Diamond (1 device); then Blackberry Pearl 8130 (1 device; the Blackberry Curve 8330 (6 devices due to becoming Verizon customer ); then.... Finally the wondrous and amazing Palm Pre and I will never go back!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789