View Poll Results: Still on your 1st pre?Proud?

Voters
785. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm on my 1st pre and proud!!!!

663 84.46%
  • I had a REALLY bad one, but since the new batch..I haven't considered sending it back

38 4.84%
  • I've had a few over the past few months but I think this is the ONE for me now!!

61 7.77%
  • I want my hardware to be 100%...even 99.9% is unsatisfactory

23 2.93%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    On my first Pre since (almost) launch day.
    My original Sprint pre is still rock'n
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Well of course. There are no options for "I am on my second phone," or "I am on my third phone," or "I am still dealing with Sprint trying to get a refurb for an issue."

Not too hard to have a poll where the number of people who are pleased with their phone looks good, when you don't give any option for those who are not!
    Wouldn't option 2 or 3 cover that? I'm not saying that there aren't people who have gotten devices that are substandard, at the same time people who wish to complain waste no time in doing so, and often for minor issues they could handle themselves if they took the time to become more familiar with the device.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    the first Pre had two dead pixels, the second one fell off my kitchen counter onto the hard tile (and only had a small crack in the upper corner!), Third time's a charm! Innocase + Phantom Skinz has made this thing nearly invulnerable. It has twice since fallen from the same kitchen counter, not a scratch. I did need a free innocase replacement, but not a scratch on the phone. So yeah HUGE endorsement of those two products. If I had gotten them sooner, I would not be on my third Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Wouldn't option 2 or 3 cover that? I'm not saying that there aren't people who have gotten devices that are substandard, at the same time people who wish to complain waste no time in doing so, and often for minor issues they could handle themselves if they took the time to become more familiar with the device.

Uh, no. You have three options that imply the phone is fine, and the fourth option that implies if the phone is not 100% you're unsatisfied.

Is there nothing in between?

We are on #3 and there are still (more manageable) problems. Its not at 100% - I'd settle for 80%, which i don't think is unreasonable, but still not close.

But regardless of all that: your poll is skewed because it doesn't take into account anyone NOT happy with their phone (unless they are willing to declare themselves unreasonable perfectionists).
    Still have my launch day Sprint Palm Pre. Have dropped it numerous times on asphalt, carpet, wood floors, concrete. Now it has a crack near the usb port, but I melted it together w/ a soldering iron.
    Slider has some wobble, but that's OK.
    Running 800mhz and loving it.
    But regardless of all that: your poll is skewed because it doesn't take into account anyone NOT happy with their phone (unless they are willing to declare themselves unreasonable perfectionists).
    Um, you're in an open forum where anyone can make a poll. They're going to be biased. You are free to make your own impartial poll if you really care that much to point out the flaws in this one. I apologize if you feel that some kind of injustice has been heaped upon you. I assure it was not intentional and your concerns are duly noted...as trivial. Noted in the official book of duly noted things that were never meant to be noted.
    >> I apologize if you feel that some kind of injustice has been heaped upon you. I assure it was not intentional and your concerns are duly noted...as trivial.

Way to be dramatic, dude.
    Way to be dramatic, dude.
    Was going more for cordial, yet oozing with sarcasm.
    Launch day here man
    Uh, no. You have three options that imply the phone is fine, and the fourth option that implies if the phone is not 100% you're unsatisfied.

Is there nothing in between?

We are on #3 and there are still (more manageable) problems. Its not at 100% - I'd settle for 80%, which i don't think is unreasonable, but still not close.

Ummmm! It's not my poll, and I do understand your position. I didn't write the poll and I agree it could have more options, like your situation for example. At the same time it is good to see the positive side that's often overwhelmed by negative posts in this forum by people who have no patience.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Fair point.
    it looks like 92.37% of the people in precentral know how to take care of their stuff.
    My pre is GSM and 3 months old. For now it works and looks just like out of the box. No problems
    I still have my first/only Pre. Got it launch day (June 6, 2009). It works fine. No cosmetic damage, no case. I keep it in my pocket or on a Touchstone when not in use. The only thing I've done to it physically is removed the USB door (can't stand that silly thing). Otherwise, it's in mint condition.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    6/6/09 purchase and going strong. Absolutely no issues and I was just thinking the other day how solid my slider felt. Now, I'm sure if I tested a brand new one I would feel differently about the slider, but honestly, still good to go here. Loving my phone!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    1st pre obtained about 3 weeks after launch and still going strong.

I'm hard on my stuff and my pre has even hit the concrete a couple times when getting out of my truck (of course I have a case). In fact, my case just broke the other day so I need to get another. I only have slight oreo with the slider but other than that, everything is fine.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Still on my first pre that i got on launch day in uk and am very happy with it
    I'm still on my first Pre...a launch party Pre at that!!! I've broken off the USB cover thingy, there is a small crack leading from that area towards the screen, and I have the "bubbles" under the screen problem in that area as well. However, it really doesn't look that bad and I've happy with the way it has been performing. As a matter of fact I've yet to doctor it, although I keep it patch free for development purposes.

All that said, I'd much rather have a solid device void of issues like those mentioned above. I tend to baby it because I feel it's a bit flimsy (for lack of a better word). Hopefully the next Palm device will be of a much better build quality with much better materials. If the HTC buyout turns out to be true (which I doubt) there won't be any issues with hardware!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast