View Poll Results: Still on your 1st pre?Proud?

Voters
785. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm on my 1st pre and proud!!!!

663 84.46%
  • I had a REALLY bad one, but since the new batch..I haven't considered sending it back

38 4.84%
  • I've had a few over the past few months but I think this is the ONE for me now!!

61 7.77%
  • I want my hardware to be 100%...even 99.9% is unsatisfactory

23 2.93%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    My launch-day Pre was perfect, but I dropped it into a cup of green tea. This poll needs to account for folks who have new devices through no fault of Palm's.
    I agree, cause i dropped mine in the toilet about 2months after i bought, and still didnt get it replaced, took about two days for normal functionality to return.

-Usb door doesnt exist anymore
    -Ive had mine go flyin out of my hoodie pocket when i was running skidded across side walk and on to road(didnt get run over luckily)
    -I have a crack in the bottom left corner of the screen when it fell in the toilet
    -Spider crack from the usb door creaping up to top of screen, when it when sliding
    -Messed up the power button when it fell out of hoodie pocket when i was bending over to tie my laces(sprint techs fixed that, yay insurance)
    -My volume top rocker isnt clicky any more, have to apply more pressure to turn volume up
    -Chips and gouges on the back cover and sides of phone
    -Gravel dents in the face of the phone and keys and coin surface scratches
    -Various hairline and "splinter" cracks on touchscreen
    -Oreo effect...i actually play with it when its in my pocket..*twist, twist*

Looking at the touch screen you cant notice much of it but hold at an angle to were you can see the touch grid pattern and theres a whole mess of crap

----------------
    Now playing: System of a Down - Violent ****ography
    via FoxyTunes
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd-Ball View Post
    You're fed up with those that complain about a product that doesn't meet their expectations? Maybe you can provide a sound piece of hardware that holds up under normal usage. Mine doesn't.

You sound an awful lot like someone that would rather stick their head in the sand and ignore the naysayers, those very people that also spent their hard earned $$ on a product that rarely works as designed.

Again, I don't know which is worse, trolls or Evangelizers.
    Wow, you a shrink?

I just read alot of treads of ppl saying they've had numerous devices, and me and my partner are still on our first pre's and never had any issues, so I wanted to see how substantiated this is. If my hardware had in fact failed, and I thus didn't ask for replacements, I would then be 'sticking my head in the sand'.
    Last edited by phil.hsr; 04/08/2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I had to vote 1st Pre. But it is only a week old. So my vote means nothing
    Still on my launch day Pre. It even took a five foot drop onto concrete and it is a-o.k. The only thing I ever had to replace was the battery.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Yep, still on my first. Not from launch day, however... got mine in November when my waterlogged 755p gave up the ghost for good. I wasn't elgible for upgrade on launch day.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    I just read alot of treads of ppl saying they've had numerous devices, and me and my partner are still on our first pre's and never had any issues, so I wanted to see how substantiated this is.
    Your poll doesn't really reflect all scenarios and not sure the what the outcome of the results will really end up telling you.
    Where's the "I have an original June Pre, it's condition from the factory was fair, but after reading all the horror stories, I decided it wasn't bad enough to risk returning it for replacement and will stick it out until June 2010 and see what might be available at that time." response?
    I had my launch day Pre stolen in a random mugging on the street in August. I have had the Asurian insurance replacement ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Where's the "I have an original June Pre, it's condition from the factory was fair, but after reading all the horror stories, I decided it wasn't bad enough to risk returning it for replacement and will stick it out until June 2010 and see what might be available at that time." response?
    That's ME!
    I'll co-sign that:
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I had my launch day Pre stolen in a random mugging on the street in August. I have had the Asurian insurance replacement ever since.
    How do ya know that the mugging was random?
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    still on my first one also never had any issues =/
    first pre, seven months and counting... Have had no problems
    Great idea to start this poll. The way it's trending so far, it seems that the quality is better than one would imagine given the constant post by ppl complaining about this and that. Nice to see.

I'm on my 1st Pre which I got in early September and have no problems or issues at all.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    How do ya know that the mugging was random?
    Two guys walking down the sidewalk jumped me for my phone and wallet. And having never been mugged before, it certainly was a random crime in my book. Thanks for your concern.
    Wow, you a shrink?

I just read alot of treads of ppl saying they've had numerous devices, and me and my partner are still on our first pre's and never had any issues, so I wanted to see how substantiated this is. If my hardware had in fact failed, and I thus didn't ask for replacements, I would then be 'sticking my head in the sand'.

Well, at least we know that tweaked you. Your experience is, however, anecdotal at best.

Try as you might there are many many many customers out there who want this handset and software to function as expected and we're holding Sprint and Palm accountable yet your type just loves to beat on us for complaining.

In spite of your experience those of us who haven't had a stellar experience will continue to look for answers. Since that obviously displeases you greatly, witness this badly loaded poll, you might want to avoid the complaint dept. You're just not suited for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Great idea to start this poll. The way it's trending so far, it seems that the quality is better than one would imagine given the constant post by ppl complaining about this and that. Nice to see.

I'm on my 1st Pre which I got in early September and have no problems or issues at all.

Well of course. There are no options for "I am on my second phone," or "I am on my third phone," or "I am still dealing with Sprint trying to get a refurb for an issue."

Not too hard to have a poll where the number of people who are pleased with their phone looks good, when you don't give any option for those who are not!
    The 94 original pre owners is pretty impressive, i had though for sure the it was going to be the other way around lol
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Well of course. There are no options for "I am on my second phone," or "I am on my third phone," or "I am still dealing with Sprint trying to get a refurb for an issue."

Not too hard to have a poll where the number of people who are pleased with their phone looks good, when you don't give any option for those who are not!
    Exactly. If one really just wants to know who is on their original pre then a poll of either yes or no will give better results.

Then do another poll specifically for users who have had their pres replaced that lists different reasons for replacement.
    still on my first missing usb door no problem though this things my baby if my kid lost a finger I wouldn't send her in to get replaced lol
    I'm fed up of hearing about hardware failures and people on the N*th pre, I don't understand this, so Ive started this poll to see how many people are on their 1st pre, and its still going strong!!!

P.S, I'm on my 1st GSM Pre with 800Mhz patch, not 1 problem, the slider sticks on the keys abit, but this isnt enough to get a new one

EDIT: if you broke it yourself, its still you *first* pre, this is just a poll for *hardware* replacements!

EDIT2: When I say I don't understand this, I actually mean I don't understand how so many Pre's have had to be sent back, as I haven't had any problems (so I set up this poll to see the difference between hardware failure experiences...sort of).

Sorry for all the edits, I just don't want people to think that I'm having a go at people who replace their phone....
    I made the dire mistake of sending a tightly made Pre back because of the headset issue. The new one I got has oreo wiggle and the annoying touchtone issue where it makes the high pitched noise. I miss the last one =(
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast