1.    #1  
    Correction: Title should be "A week into my Pre..." Time flies, but I didn't notice it was only a week. Why can't we change thread titles??? First forum ever to have this issue.

Still on my third Pre. It's been a pleasant ride, but with some rough edges...

- No oreo to report, and I was pretty rough on the phone, great!

- Homebrew is pure awesomeness. MHS and Sprint Nav works brilliantly... on a Bell phone.

- I'm suspecting there's some kind of memory leak with the built-in audio player. I've left the card on since yesterday and listening to it in and out, then left my phone charging. Then this morning, I listened to some more music, played a video, then my phone got so sluggish, finally it crashed and restarted Luna.

- Battery life, I actually beat out my friend's 3GS, I was emailing and surfing all day and he was playing games and texting. I edged out at 5% when his dropped to 2%, but still nothing to bring home about. Checked this morning, entered the subway with 95%, played a 20~ min video, and dropped to 73%! I'm noticing this kind of drain when my phone loses signal. Maybe something Palm can look into, perhaps tweak the network search algorithm?

- Had some problems with Synergy, but could be my fault since I was playing around with the settings, then ran into "Cannot find account" errors. But after a reboot it was all gone.

Will report more once I use it more... still loving it!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Putting the phone into airplane mode on the subway when you know you won't have signal might help the battery situation.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Putting the phone into airplane mode on the subway when you know you won't have signal might help the battery situation.
    That's what I've been trying to do but it'll probably take me some time to get into the habit... never had phones that needed to do this. Guess it's a CDMA thing? I've always had GSM phones.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    That's what I've been trying to do but it'll probably take me some time to get into the habit... never had phones that needed to do this. Guess it's a CDMA thing? I've always had GSM phones.
    As a general rule of thumb, CDMA uses more power to get signal than GSM. That increases with a loss of signal. I'd like to see a comparison with a CDMA and GSM pre side by side with no signal, wonder if the battery loss is actually attributable to the network.
    what the best twitter app any suggestions
    Quote Originally Posted by sudarphani View Post
    As a general rule of thumb, CDMA uses more power to get signal than GSM. That increases with a loss of signal. I'd like to see a comparison with a CDMA and GSM pre side by side with no signal, wonder if the battery loss is actually attributable to the network.
    My old Qualcom phone, from back in the 90's, used to go into "sleep mode" when it couldn't find a signal for 5 or 10 minutes and then check every few minutes thereafter to save the battery.
    Ingenious, isn't it?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbourke2 View Post
    what the best twitter app any suggestions
    By Far I like "Twee" and I have tried most of them

Twee has a price but you can try TweeFree the light version without some features to see if you like the format before buying it.
    hey Toni

Im a Bell user with Preware and know all the Homebrew apps and stuff.

How did you get the SprintNav to work on the Bell Pre?

I havent come across this.

Please let me know! I know a couple people who would be interested in the Pre in Canada if it had Navigation GPS on it. So some potential sales are in the works here

Thanks

Rob
  9.    #9  
    I just followed instructions...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-bell-pre.html

But apparently only 30 days later it'll stop working...

10.    #10  
    So I've got several crashes lately, all strangely when I'm using the Music Player. Device will just freeze up, then Luna will restart. I wonder if there's any way to check logs?

Also I just installed IPK 600MHz, and boy it helps. UI is smoother, and most importantly BATTERY LIFE. Without it, I can be at 45% by lunchtime and I had to charge, but I installed the patch, my phone only starts complaining at 20% when I get home.

Palm should hire the overclocking crew to help tweak the kernels in future webOS updates.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    So I've got several crashes lately, all strangely when I'm using the Music Player. Device will just freeze up, then Luna will restart. I wonder if there's any way to check the logs?
    ##logs#