1.    #1  
    I am new to Palm Pre plus from verizon. I am wondering if there is a way to delete email from the list of incoming email instead of having to open an email item first and then delete the opened item.
    Thanks in advance from a newbie!

Also, does anyone know of an app that will turn the speaker/sounds and wifi/bt on an off according to a set schedule? I would my phone to be silent at night but automatically turn on sounds in the morning so I don't forget to do that.
    I appreciate your help with this.
    --arniep
    I think I remember seeing a patch that would do this. You would swipe the email notification right to hide it, or swipe it left to delete it without opening it. I forget what it was called though...
    Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    I am new to Palm Pre plus from verizon. I am wondering if there is a way to delete email from the list of incoming email instead of having to open an email item first and then delete the opened item.
    Thanks in advance from a newbie!

Also, does anyone know of an app that will turn the speaker/sounds and wifi/bt on an off according to a set schedule? I would my phone to be silent at night but automatically turn on sounds in the morning so I don't forget to do that.
    I appreciate your help with this.
    --arniep
    Standard as with every other list in WebOS. Just swipe the item (in this case, mail message in your inbox) to the side. Left or right doesn't matter. Email is weird in that it won't prompt whether you really want to delete like everything else does.

There are patches to change some of the mail behavior. Two that I use:
    - confirm delete (makes the swipe behave like it does everywhere else)
    - delete all / mark all as read. Nice to quickly purge your inbox of unwanted stuff.

I believe there is an app or patch to do what you want with sound, but I don't have the link handy. Someone else will likely chime in.
    There is also another patch called delete from notification, you can just delete it from the bottom of the screen when it comes in. It is very handy in the fact that you can see if you really need that email just from the bottom of the screen.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the quick replies! Is there some repository of patches I could search and that would have instructions of how to apply a patch? That's how new I am to this. Any suggested ways to get the battery to last a whole day (other than don't use the phone at all LOL)?
    Thanks again...arniep
    Thanks for the quick replies! Is there some repository of patches I could search and that would have instructions of how to apply a patch? That's how new I am to this. Any suggested ways to get the battery to last a whole day (other than don't use the phone at all LOL)?
    Thanks again...arniep
    On patches:
    Start with getting preware running:
    http://www.precentral.net/getting-started-preware

If you are curious about what this will then open up to you, browse this:
    dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal

(that's just patches. Preware will give you the repositories for all of the homebrew stuff ... apps, patches, themes, optware, etc)

Have fun!
    Thanks again...arniep
    Here is some info that should improve your battery life:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/191265-extending-battery-life-tips.html