1.    #1  
    I'm not sure if I can do this, if not it can always wait till I get home and I can access my pc, but anyway;

I like browsing forums and posting. However, sometimes my posts need editing.

I've found that if my post is long, my Pre only displays the top half when I go into edit mode. I can't work out how to scroll down so I can edit the rest of it.

I don't know if this only happens on some forums (I haven't tested it on this one, just Guildportal).

Is there a way to edit all of a post? Or would I need an app..is this why there are apps, I'm new to this smartphone business so am still working out the point of them.
    You can edit your entire posts just fine. To move your cursor anywhere while editing, hold down the orange key and scroll with your finger.
    There is a bug in 1.4.1.1 that affects editing text. Sometimes it will insert "H" for you. I hope they fix it soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Berath View Post
    I'm not sure if I can do this, if not it can always wait till I get home and I can access my pc, but anyway;

I like browsing forums and posting. However, sometimes my posts need editing.

I've found that if my post is long, my Pre only displays the top half when I go into edit mode. I can't work out how to scroll down so I can edit the rest of it.

I don't know if this only happens on some forums (I haven't tested it on this one, just Guildportal).

Is there a way to edit all of a post? Or would I need an app..is this why there are apps, I'm new to this smartphone business so am still working out the point of them.
    When I get the cut-off effect, I simply rotate from landscape to portrait and back to landscape (or vise versa). I don't usually post on my pre, but I get the cut-off effect every now and then while browsing.
  5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    The poster isn't talking about thr browser cuttoff bug. He's talking about the fact that the text entry field isn't big enough to show his entire post.

To scroll within the text field, tap to place the cursor within it, then hold the orange keyboard button while you drag your finger on the screen in the direction you want the cursor to go.