1.    #1  
    Hello,

after updating to 1.4.1 German O2 firmware I was hoping that the BT problems with my 06 BMW 3 series will be solved.

It pairs with the BMW Business Navigation but then it still dis- and reconnects every 5-10 seconds, like it did with 1.4.0 before.

Does anybody has the same issues with 1.4.1 ? The BMW pairs fine with a Nokia and did work with the previous 1.3.xx (donīt remember the exact number) verison.
    Quote Originally Posted by namejs View Post
    Hello,

after updating to 1.4.1 German O2 firmware I was hoping that the BT problems with my 06 BMW 3 series will be solved.

It pairs with the BMW Business Navigation but then it still dis- and reconnects every 5-10 seconds, like it did with 1.4.0 before.

Does anybody has the same issues with 1.4.1 ? The BMW pairs fine with a Nokia and did work with the previous 1.3.xx (donīt remember the exact number) verison.
    I confirm that I have the same problem with 1.4.1 and my 5 series BMW (Baujahr 2005).

MfG,
    Brett.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I had a similar issue. I was able to connect but I didn't see the signal strength bars on my dashboard and then it disconnected.

I deleted my phone from my bluetooth list in my car and deleted my car from the bluetooth list on my phone. I then paired again, this time entering the pin on the car first before punching it into the phone (I had done it the other way previously).

Now it works great. Phonebook is downloaded and it connects correctly everytime I go back in the car.

330i 2006
    Last edited by nudgez; 04/08/2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Adding Car model
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nudgez View Post
    I had a similar issue. I was able to connect but I didn't see the signal strength bars on my dashboard and then it disconnected.

I deleted my phone from my bluetooth list in my car and deleted my car from the bluetooth list on my phone. I then paired again, this time entering the pin on the car first before punching it into the phone (I had done it the other way previously).

Now it works great. Phonebook is downloaded and it connects correctly everytime I go back in the car.

330i 2006
    I tried your suggestion several times. But unfortunately the BMW never gave me the option to enter the pin first.

The Pre reqests the pin for the BMW BT and then I can enter it in my car. Not once (although I was waiting patiently) the BMW initiated the first step for pairing.

This all is very frustrating
    Doesn't even pair with a bmw mk.4 navigation professional unit from 12/2006
  6.    #6  
    Obviously there are problems with the German 1.4.1 update and especially with the 2005/2006 models. Where at Palm can I report such issues ? Maybe they can fix it with the next update?
    I had a similar problem. I had my phone replaced for a dead keyboard and the new one (1.4.1) is working ok so far. The other phone wouldn't pair most of the time, and when it did it wouldn't stay paired.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre