1.    #1  
    Hi Guys

Yesterday i doctored my Palm Pre Qwertz to a 1.4.1. with all german settings. For some reason my phone now isn't asking form my PIN anymore at startup. I put it in Aeoplane made and back out en it's the same. It doesn't ask for a PIN and registered on T-Mobile NL. Has anybody else experienced this?
    there s a setting inside the phone setting, that make the pre remembering and using the pin automagically.

i use this setting, as i used to suffer from strange random sim card restarts on some older webos versions.

Telefon -> Einstellungen -> Netzwerk -> "SIM-Karte sperren" and i think it toggles to "SIM-Karte freigeben"

if you lock it there, the device will ask again.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    You mean the pin that you'd be forced to use if you use exchange server?

If others confirm doctoring makes this go away...I'm so there...
  4.    #4  
    Gnark, thanks. That did it for me! I had no idea this was a setting.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Or...just go with the Bypass Pin patch if you don't want to enter your Exchange password a million times a day...
    no he ment the gsm sim card lock because that would usually pop up when reconnecting to the network.

for the security policy enforced pin / password lock there is a patch

(which i even patched myself, so it auto unlocks within an hour and locks when i switch it on 2 times in 3 secs... errr thats then like hitting windows-l on a windows workstation)