I bought my first Pre in September 2009 which had a build date sometime in august. That one had no issues except the power button broke. Sprint got a replacement for me in early March 2009. It was a refurb with a build date in late june. A few hours later I noticed some white splotches (with a hint of yellow when on a white background screen)...they were very prominent...now I just received my 3rd Pre and it has the same issue but not as bad with a build date of late July...I searched the forum and found others with this same issue although none of those post are beyond October 2009. This makes me wonder if this was an earlier build issue. So I am curious if anybody has this issue now and what the build date of their phone is or if anybody had this issue with the first Pre's when buying in July/August. I love this device so it's killing me that this is an issue...not to mention it's a pain to get the phone the way I want after getting another refurb and placing patches and all back on...lol. Any way you would recommend handling this?...Would love it if they would give me a new Pre without this issue...also wonder why Palm would not check this before sending out refurb as it's an obvius flaw that is visible to the eye...dealing with Sprint customer service can be a headache especially bringing to the "escalation department"...and in reality it's a Palm issue...not a Sprint issue...

Disclaimer: I am in no way bashing Palm as I believe WebOS to be the best imho...just some hardware issues...