1.    #1  
    No Alert During call is prompted to update on my preware. I have tried to update and get a failure, I have tried to remove and get a failure, I have tried to remove on WebOS Quick Install and failed, I have tried Repair Utility and no luck. I assume this patch is either not fixed yet for 1.4.1 or there is something going on with my phone. It is very frustrating to get the alerts while I am on a phone call. I am more than willing to donate to a developer than can help me with this. I can donate $50.00 to someone that can successfully help me get this working on my phone. Anyone out there that can help?
    Did you try Emergency Patch Recovery? You can search for it in Preware.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    when you run webos repair utility, make sure you enable the 'Override Compatibility' option, otherwise it might skip the patch you have added. now you can try and re-install the patch.
  4.    #4  
    I am aware of EPR, but trying to avoid that step.

Compatibility on the repair was not checked, it does say it will disable tweaks/themes/patch compatibility and is not generally reccommened. Not sure what this will do. I don't want to remove all my patches/tweaks/and theme. Any input?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwall459 View Post
    I am aware of EPR, but trying to avoid that step.

Compatibility on the repair was not checked, it does say it will disable tweaks/themes/patch compatibility and is not generally reccommened. Not sure what this will do. I don't want to remove all my patches/tweaks/and theme. Any input?
    EPR and having compatibility checked will result in the same thing. I guess what you want to do is just restore the files for that patch.

--edit--
    hold up, this might not fix your problem entirely. I've only recently began to discover how patches are made, and I don't know if there's anything else you need to do to fully remove the patch so you can re-install it.

you might want to check with some people who know more. I would ask around in the webos-internals IRC channel http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Portal:Community
    --edit--

you will need to use the repair utility to restore the following files:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/sources.json

the following file can be deleted if you want
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/audio-luna-service.jsjsjs
    Last edited by pomokey; 04/08/2010 at 01:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I love "No Alert During call" and even with 1.4 on the VZ PrePlus it seemed like I was having issues where my ringer volume would keep getting turned down and I wondered if "No Alert During Call" was part of the problem...
  7.    #7  
    Thank you very much. This worked I restored both files and removed the one optional file and did a luna restart. The patch is now installed. However the only problem is that I still get audible and vibrating alerts while on a phone call; even though the patch is installed. I have done a luna restart and phone restart since updating and installed the No Alert During Call Patch, but gett alerts for voicemail, phone call, email, and text still. Any ideas? I also was hoping maybe you could help me do the same thing with the file deletion and restore with two other patches that I really don't care if I have it just wont let me update or remove. They are Multi Mod and No Auto off While charging. I will still donate to you, just seeing if you can assist any further. I really hate the alerts during phone calls, I get other people on the line asking what the heck it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    I love "No Alert During call" and even with 1.4 on the VZ PrePlus it seemed like I was having issues where my ringer volume would keep getting turned down and I wondered if "No Alert During Call" was part of the problem...
    This was a great patch that I really liked, but after the 1.4 update when on a call the patch would lower the volume but after the call was finished it would not raise the volume back up. I reinstalled the patch after the 1.4.1.1 update and noticed that this issue is still present, well at least when installed on my Pre. I do not want to come across as ungrateful, not at all, I appreciate people like pomonkey for creating patches that help us customize our Pre's to our own personal tastes and want to thank them for their hard work. I just wanted to bring this to other people's attention in case this could be one of the reasons causing them to miss phone calls.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    EPR and having compatibility checked will result in the same thing. I guess what you want to do is just restore the files for that patch.

--edit--
    hold up, this might not fix your problem entirely. I've only recently began to discover how patches are made, and I don't know if there's anything else you need to do to fully remove the patch so you can re-install it.

you might want to check with some people who know more. I would ask around in the webos-internals IRC channel Portal:Community - WebOS Internals
    --edit--

you will need to use the repair utility to restore the following files:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/FormattedCall.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/sources.json

the following file can be deleted if you want
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/audio-luna-service.jsjsjs
    I was also having trouble removing this patch. I restored the two files, deleted the other, and was then able to successfully remove the patch with preware. Thank You very much. You saved me from the headache of EPR or Dr.
  10.    #10  
    Thank you very much. This worked I restored both files and removed the one optional file and did a luna restart. The patch is now installed. However the only problem is that I still get audible and vibrating alerts while on a phone call; even though the patch is installed. I have done a luna restart and phone restart since updating and installed the No Alert During Call Patch, but gett alerts for voicemail, phone call, email, and text still. Any ideas? I also was hoping maybe you could help me do the same thing with the file deletion and restore with two other patches that I really don't care if I have it just wont let me update or remove. They are Multi Mod and No Auto off While charging. I will still donate to you, just seeing if you can assist any further. I really hate the alerts during phone calls, I get other people on the line asking what the heck it is.
    Anyone?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    the patch showed up as removed after restoring the files? try removing and re-isntalling the patches.

sorry about the slow response. I've been kidn of busy lately.

as far as the other patches, I will simply teach you rather than show you.

go to Index of /feeds/webos-patches/

click on the version of the OS you had when you installed the patch.

find the patch, and download the ipk file.

use 7-zip to browse through the ipk. the file you are looking for is pretty deep inside the ipk. for example:

org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod_1.4.1-3_all.ipk\data.tar.gz\data.tar\.\usr\palm\applications\org.webosinternals.patches.browser-multi-mod\

inside there, is a .patch file. extract this file, and open it with a text editor.

as you scroll through the file, you will see some lines that start with --- followed by lines that start with +++. those tell you which files were modified. if it says --- /dev/null/ that means its a new file that you can delete, rather than restore.

hopefully that helps!
  12.    #12  
    no the patch was the stil after for update. So did update. And I have tried tried removing and then reinstalling but still her the alerts. Let me ask you this. Does the patch work for you? If no alert during call actually works for you then I guess I will need to just see the doctor. Thanks for showing how to do the other patches. I will not forget to get you a donantion on pay day.
  13.    #13  
    I ended up doctoring my phone. The "No Alert During Call" still alerts during calls. Can anyone confirm that this patch is working for them on 1.4.1.1? I'm trying to uderstand if this is a problem with me only. Also so curious why other people would not be so bothered about this. It is so annoying getting those alerts while on a phone call.

Anyone confirm there's is working?
    I ended up doctoring my phone. The "No Alert During Call" still alerts during calls. Can anyone confirm that this patch is working for them on 1.4.1.1? I'm trying to uderstand if this is a problem with me only. Also so curious why other people would not be so bothered about this. It is so annoying getting those alerts while on a phone call.

Anyone confirm there's is working?
    I updated my firmware to v. 1.4.5 and successfully reinstalled the 'No Alert During Call' patch but it definitely doesn't work on my phone. Like you, I am bothered by the text alerts, especially during business calls. I find it so odd that Palm didn't consider this when they created WebOS. Hopefully HP is working on this.
    yeah i had to uninstall the no alert during calls today because its not turning my volume back up like its supposed to . but it would be nice to have this patch working !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    is that what is screwing up my volume? Ironically I'm still getting notifications during calls anyway, so the patch is somehow not actually doing what it's supposed to do anyway.

very unprofessional to have beeps and buzzers go off on a call. People stop talking and ask what that noise was...
    i would uninstall the patch if you want to hear phone calls !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    +1 x 2!

I concur with everyone here.

As of today, I have also unfortunately had to uninstall this patch today.
    I've been looking all over for this exact thread. I sure hope that there will be a fix for this patch at some point later on down the road, I have next to nothing to complain about the Pre; but hearing those notifications during calls is one of the most annoying things. This patch is one of the most no brain features to have available to the user.
    Why Palm didn't think of this before releasing since launch and every other update since is beyond me. I sure hope HP considers this and looks closely at the importance of this feature for the future.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 08/30/2010 at 08:25 PM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  19.    #19  
    Are there any developers working on a fix or updated patch? Anyone, please, please.
    Are there any developers working on a fix or updated patch? Anyone, please, please.
    +1
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR