1.    #1  
    So my fourth pre plus decided to really crap out on me tonight. The touch screen registers, but only apps in the quick launch bar will open. Everything else just ripples and no apps open. I can't even open apps from a search
    Last edited by michaelkahl; 04/07/2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: To correct my statement, it's not Palm's fault.
  2.    #2  
    I've pulled the battery, restarted the device, and I would try a hardware restart if I could since I can't open device info I can't figure another way to perform this. I'm not even sure that would work.
    doctor?
    Dude that sounds like a software issue to me. Have you tried doctoring your phone yet ? Last thing Palm needs is more replacements over software issues.
  5.    #5  
    I'll try
    Developer mode isn't on, will it need to be for that? If so I'm screwed because I can't put it in developer mode.
    This is an unpatched pre plus btw
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkahl View Post
    So my fourth pre plus decided to really crap out on me tonight. The touch screen registers, but only apps in the quick launch bar will open. Everything else just ripples and no apps open. I can't even open apps from a search Seriously Palm, this is a terrible experience.
    To be fair, haven't I seen posts from you where you're patching the device, including the 800mhz patch. Don't get me wrong, I do mine as well. But I think it's just a tad disingenuous to hack the device, then blame Palm when something goes wrong.

Doctor it. If it's still screwed up, then you have a legit gripe.
  7.    #7  
    I had, but the patch was uninstalled...I haven't had any other issues prior to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkahl View Post
    I had, but the patch was uninstalled...I haven't had any other issues prior to this.
    Again, I'd say doctor the phone, see if the problem persists. Basically, you're going to need to doctor it eventually anyway (assuming you have to take it back).
  9.    #9  
    I took out my note to Palm blaming them, you're right hparsons. I've messed with the phone and need to accept responsibility for that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    To be fair, haven't I seen posts from you where you're patching the device, including the 800mhz patch. Don't get me wrong, I do mine as well. But I think it's just a tad disingenuous to hack the device, then blame Palm when something goes wrong.

Doctor it. If it's still screwed up, then you have a legit gripe.
  10.    #10  
    Doctor worked...thanks all.