Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Decided to finally try to get SMS tone per contact patch working. So since Preware now can save a list of all patches, I ran EPR. Unfortunately I forgot to remove my theme first. I stopped EPR when I saw it holding a long time at the theme and realised what I had done.
    Rebooted, went back to Preware and not theme was listed though it's still on the phone.
    Reintalled all the patches that were removed one by one as trying a bulk re-install hung at the theme. Everything is back in including the SMS patch.

But, I can't uninstall or re-install the theme. Everything else (including the 800Mhz kernal ) is working fine.

Would WebOS repair be a good bet to try? Or will I have to Doctor the Pre?
    And if I have to Doctor it, will Preware (or Preware Alpha) retain the saved list of installed patches?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tamvegas View Post
    Decided to finally try to get SMS tone per contact patch working. So since Preware now can save a list of all patches, I ran EPR. Unfortunately I forgot to remove my theme first. I stopped EPR when I saw it holding a long time at the theme and realised what I had done.
    Rebooted, went back to Preware and not theme was listed though it's still on the phone.
    Reintalled all the patches that were removed one by one as trying a bulk re-install hung at the theme. Everything is back in including the SMS patch.

But, I can't uninstall or re-install the theme. Everything else (including the 800Mhz kernal ) is working fine.

Would WebOS repair be a good bet to try? Or will I have to Doctor the Pre?
    And if I have to Doctor it, will Preware (or Preware Alpha) retain the saved list of installed patches?
    It's definitely worth trying, and I would think it would work. You might also first try just installing the default theme flat out, and see if it will overwrite the theme you installed (this is likely to be quicker than running the Repair Utility).
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Ay - Thanks!
    Didn't know the default theme was available in Preware now. Installed the default and the Pre rebooted but was still showing my previous theme. However, Preware allowed me to re-install the theme and it worked correctly. Now Preware shows everything properly.
    Thanks again.