1.    #1  
    I used a friends PC to install preware since mac os tiger doesn't upgrade to latest java. I'm anxious about 800mhz but those vids of the blazing speed got me excited. Hopefully the patch (?) will be available soon.
    you could try to install java 1.6 on tiger if you want to. heres some instructions i found on google.

1. Go to connect.apple.com, and register/log in. You will need an account to do this.
    2. Go to the downloads section and select “Java” on the right hand side menu
    3. Download “Java SE 6.0 Release 1 DP6 (Disk Image)”
    4. Once downlaod is complete, and launch the installer
    5. Complete the steps in the installer
    6. Launch Terminal, and issue these commands:

# cd /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions
    # sudo rm CurrentJDK
    (enter your password)
    # sudo ln -s 1.6 CurrentJDK

This will set Java 1.6 to be your default java installation.
    source:Installing Java 1.6 on OSX at Steve’s Blog

btw, i have no idea when it will come to preware
    Maybe 2-4 weeks, according to what Rod posted.
    I think the OC mod is available as a ipkg now. Couldn't you use something like Filecoaster to install it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I think the OC mod is available as a ipkg now. Couldn't you use something like Filecoaster to install it?
    Unless they have made serious changes to filecoaster since the last time I looked at it, which is possible because that was quite a while ago, no.

Filecoaster can't isntall "advanced" homebrew packages that depened heavily on postint and prerem scripts and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Unless they have made serious changes to filecoaster since the last time I looked at it, which is possible because that was quite a while ago, no.

Filecoaster can't isntall "advanced" homebrew packages that depened heavily on postint and prerem scripts and what not.
    Oh yea, I forgot about that... I haven't really paid attention to Filecoaster since Preware came out.
    Using WOSQI and the linux command line (especially using wget) is super-easy. Don't wait for Preware if you want to get the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMississippi View Post
    Using WOSQI and the linux command line (especially using wget) is super-easy. Don't wait for Preware if you want to get the patch.
    WOSQI requires Java, which is the reason he posted this.

However I did see an article posted here somewhere about installing the patch without the use of a computer at all, I believe you should be able to find it if you search.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    WOSQI requires Java, which is the reason he posted this.

However I did see an article posted here somewhere about installing the patch without the use of a computer at all, I believe you should be able to find it if you search.
    Oh, duh...

But you are right that the terminal app is available via Preware, and that has been used to install the patch.
    Im waiting for it too they took off the 500 one from the patch list!!! why?
    Live the Pre life.
    here are the instructions to install 800mhz directly from your pre with no computer needed....you will need the Terminal and Internalz apps to do this...i installed it this way and everything worked perfectly...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-your-pre.html