Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I bought a Pre the 2nd day they were out. Had it for a few months.... didnt like it. I then defected to a Blackberry (sorry folks).

I need to get the pics off my Pre. How do I do that? There is no cellular service to the phone. I have no synch with my computer's desktop (one of the main reason's I left the Pre).

Does anyone know how to do this?

Please and THANK YOU in advance.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Connect to you computer and press usb drive mode and you should see it on your desktop or in My Computer. From there just find the folder that has your pictures.
    I didn't think you could do that if the phone wasn't activated.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    I didn't think you could do that if the phone wasn't activated.
    You can still use it as you would a USB thumb drive and you can still surf the web and send and receive email over WiFi. You just can't make calls or SMS text messages without a service provider.
    why not -- it is still just a USB drive --
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Really? How would the phone not having service prevent you from accessing the pictures stored on the Pre?

Unless he signed out of his palm profile and now no longer has service to sign back in, I don't remember if it allows you to use wifi when first setting up the phone.

Then he would just need to force it into usb mode, so just turn off the Pre and then while turning it back on hold the volume up button and it should go into usb mode.
    press the power button and hold the volume up key, the device then becomes an external harddrive. BTW if you wanna sell your pre i'm intrested.
    OP, you can always use your Pre as a wifi device. As a guy above stated, you can stil use it for everything except calls and sms... Look into MetaDoctor if you ever needto bypass the activation screen.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ABEGEE Contact me via PM re the sale of the Pre.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Also, How do I connect the Pre to the computer? Via the USB cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark918v View Post
    Yea...
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    no wonder he "didn't like it", he doesn't know much about it
    Dan
    Not to bust on you or anything but based on your question bout pulling pics off the Pre even having it for a few months, I can see why you got rid of it
    Good luck with BB. I hope you didn't get a Storm as a replacement. Really, I hope you didn't.
    good reply guys....most forums would have berated him for his lack of knowledge...as for buying a pretty phone(blackberry)....good luck with it
    I'm pretty sure he can even update his os through the doctor. then he can have a video camera along with a camera and external hd. I'm not sure if shark even realized he had a smart phone in the pre before he bailed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark918v View Post

like FlavorFlav would say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWW......

you had it for a few months and you couldn't even figure this out... jesus christ.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    good reply guys....most forums would have berated him for his lack of knowledge...as for buying a pretty phone(blackberry)....good luck with it
    Is there any blackberry that's good?

Everyone I know that has one hates theirs as they are the most user unfriendly device they've ever used.

these look pretty good. idk

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G