Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok.. when i updated to 1.3.5 i had issues.. now ive upgraded to 1.4.1.1 and it said there were errors with certain patches and programs. so i decided to doctor my pre which i did. when i ran the web install it said for tweeks it needs to install the GNU and something else. when i said ok it said error and i remember a "4".. so i doctored my phone again and same thing. i went to work today and redownloaded a fresh web installer and doctored AGAIN. now when i connect i get the usb or just charge. the computer recognizes the pre and usb mode is fine (this last doctor removed all my folders and pics) but when i go to just charge (in dev mode) it says the device is not connected??? i HEAR the connection when windows recognizes it. this is like 3 different computers ive used and i cant even doctor it now cause it doesnt realize its connected! the pre SUCKS without the patchs!!! what can i do??? thanks for any help!
    Click Search. Type in your query. Maybe do some research before putting yourself through all that grief. It could have been avoided had you done some reading.
    1st: put your pre down.
    2nd: find the nearest bathroom, splash some water on your face
    3rd: quit complaining
    4th: return pre, get an iphone fan boi
    Also stop blaming your phone, when it's clear you're the one who screwed it up.
    Im sorry if i sound like an a**, but i think the Pre is for patient people. You really cant blame the phone if it behaves a certain way after you patch it. You'll be justified if you were complaining about a hardware issue, but software, if you are or were not running stock, then anything that happens is pretty much your fault. You pretty much just did way too many extra steps. You could have came here for some help at first. Thats what we all do here. We help each other out. Pre is a lovely phone. Pretty much, the best smartphone i ever owned in my life. If you dont like it, then like he said, go get an iPhone and let it be....
    palm in no way is responsible for your ignorance
    After installing the new version of webOSQI did you reboot your computer, if not, then try doing this and see if your computer will then recognize your pre.
  8.    #8  
    shut down and removed the battery and reinstalled and everything works. thanks for the input ******
    Ok... I'll try and help.

1. Unplug the USB and reboot the computer.
    2. After reboot and the system is up and running plug Pre in.
    3. Hit Cancel on anything windows throws up.
    4. Open doctor
    5. doctor phone.

Sometimes my perfectly fine Pre doesn't communicate well with the PC a reboot always helps.
    Back to your bridge evil troll you have no powers here.
    Wow... What happened to the vaunted helpfulness of the PreCentral forums? This guy is clearly frustrated and is seeking advice. Did he make a mistake when he patched and updated and whatnot? Sure. Is he paying the price now with a borked phone? Yep. So he came on here, clearly a bit frustrated, to find any kind of help. He even says thanks at the end. But half the replies are mean and rude.

Geez.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    He called the lovely phone "stupid". THATS NOT ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Honestly, sentence phrasing goes a long way!..It seemed to my like the OP was blaming the phone for all the problems and not even putting any blame on his part.
  12.    #12  
    my phone is now fixed fyi.. removing the battery seems to have done the trick to get the phone to realize is was connected with the "just charge" option. I doctored my phone several times. correct me if im wrong but wouldnt putting it back in its OEM state mean that there was something other then what i was doing? yes i WAS extremely frustrated spending the day doctoring my phone but the response of getting an iphone instead is ******** and only makes my frustration worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    Wow... What happened to the vaunted helpfulness of the PreCentral forums? This guy is clearly frustrated and is seeking advice. Did he make a mistake when he patched and updated and whatnot? Sure. Is he paying the price now with a borked phone? Yep. So he came on here, clearly a bit frustrated, to find any kind of help. He even says thanks at the end. But half the replies are mean and rude.

Geez.
    This is why I barely post here anymore. There are more and more rude remarks and people on here than helpful ones. The problem that the OP made is attack the Pre, that is a big no no on this site. Pre lovers will attack and are worse than the iPhone ones.

To the OP, who knows where you are now with all those steps you have taken. Start back from the beginning.
    Do what PIKCACHU20 says first then do a Full Erase. That will get rid of all your patches and stuff left over from the Doctor. Then post back.

Edit: Never mind I guess you got it fixed
    Last edited by lopezpm; 04/07/2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: too late
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    1st: put your pre down.
    2nd: find the nearest bathroom, splash some water on your face
    3rd: quit complaining
    4th: return pre, get an iphone fan boi
    Seriously. I agree. Don't blame the phone. Do you drive around your neighborhood smashing your car around and then complain that you have issues with your car?
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post

Geez.
    No he came in quite presumptuously seeking help when he clearly should have helped himself. Saying thanks after childishly thrashing around really doesn't amount to anything. Frustrated as he may be, a little reading, maybe a little tact might have made it a bit easier to not immediately resent the op. Help is given when it is asked for, not when you throw a tantrum like an impetuous child.
    Quote Originally Posted by aquzaq View Post
    my phone is now fixed fyi.. removing the battery seems to have done the trick to get the phone to realize is was connected with the "just charge" option. I doctored my phone several times. correct me if im wrong but wouldnt putting it back in its OEM state mean that there was something other then what i was doing? yes i WAS extremely frustrated spending the day doctoring my phone but the response of getting an iphone instead is ******** and only makes my frustration worse.
    I suggest you google "tact" and then question why you received such an unwelcome response.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    Help is given when it is asked for, not when you throw a tantrum like an impetuous child.
    After what I said, I have to agree with you.
  18.    #18  
    seriously? you have some issues if you "resent" me for "attacking" the pre.. wow..
    Quote Originally Posted by aquzaq View Post
    seriously? you have some issues if you "resent" me for "attacking" the pre.. wow..
    No, i honestly could care less if you bash Palm lol. I dont own shares in the company anyway, but its just the way you went about phrasing your whole question. I understand the frustration, but you also have to understand that everything that happened with the phone happened because of whatever you did to it. If you dont believe me, run the Pre stock.
    1. Go to the Backup app, turn it off, allowing it to erase your backup. This will erase all traces of patches on your Palm Profile. This will also erase tasks, memos, etc. so make sure you back those up. After doctoring, all apps you had installed will still be restored, but not their settings/data. You will also need to re-add all email, calendar accounts, etc.

2. Go to Device Info and do a full erase. This will erase your USB partition, too.

3. Download the 1.4.1.1 Doctor from here and run it: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals.

4. Log into Palm Profile, re-add accounts, etc.

5. Put Pre in Developer Mode.

6. Reboot PC you have WOSQI on.

7. Before installing any patches, click the Download button in WOSQI and go to the Webos Internals (all) feed.

8. Install the GNU Patch and Lsdiff from there ONE AT A TIME.

9. Install your patches.

10. Breathe happily again and enjoy life.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast