Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    ^^ thanks mate. got it sorted. in the end just removed the battery and re-installed (the battery). turned on and all was working as it should. something to add to your arenal of possible fixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    Ok... I'll try and help.

1. Unplug the USB and reboot the computer.
    2. After reboot and the system is up and running plug Pre in.
    3. Hit Cancel on anything windows throws up.
    4. Open doctor
    5. doctor phone.

Sometimes my perfectly fine Pre doesn't communicate well with the PC a reboot always helps.
    Also, instead of rebooting, you can use the Services Monitor (Start -> Run -> type Services.msc -> Scroll to Palm Novacom -> Right click it and click Stop, then Start (or Restart if in Windows 7)).
    Quote Originally Posted by aquzaq View Post
    seriously? you have some issues if you "resent" me for "attacking" the pre.. wow..
    you quoted me saying "attacking"? You don't resent impetuous children? I resent you more now for misquoting me.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    8. Install the GNU Patch and Lsdiff from there ONE AT A TIME.
    Why do I want to install these? Why do I do them one at a time? Do I reboot the phone after each install?
    Quote Originally Posted by aquzaq View Post
    the pre SUCKS without the patchs!!! what can i do??? thanks for any help!
    he did not say that the pre sucks - he said it sucks without patches. he was clearly frustrated and asking for help -- kind of sad the way he was attacked --I say attack him if you want but post some helpful stuff too
    even the tag stated i hate this stupid pre -- you know the one in his hand -- not all of them

imo

Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post
    Why do I want to install these? Why do I do them one at a time? Do I reboot the phone after each install?
    They're required for installing any patches. Many times when I tried to install both at once from the Tweaks menu in WOSQI I got an error message. You don't have to reboot after installing each.
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    he did not say that the pre sucks - he said it sucks without patches. he was clearly frustrated and asking for help -- kind of sad the way he was attacked --I say attack him if you want but post some helpful stuff too

imo

Rob
    to be fair he did misquote me. I don't believe he was attacked more than admonished.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    you quoted me saying "attacking"? You don't resent impetuous children? I resent you more now for misquoting me.

people it's over he got it fixed breathe.. All the time you all took bashing him it would take less time to help him...lets stop picking fights it's not worth it and picking fights with another grown man LOL that's childish
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimdotnet View Post
    to be fair he did misquote me. I don't believe he was attacked more than admonished.
    ok but to admonish him unfairly is unjust and to just wander through the threads looking to find fault in people with out offering any help is a waste of your time, and your knowledge of the phone the OS and anything else pertinent
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    people it's over he got it fixed breathe.. All the time you all took bashing him it would take less time to help him...lets stop picking fights it's not worth it and picking fights with another grown man LOL that's childish
    I know it's a guilty pleasure. But really what we have to gain is that folks might search before creating new threads. And maybe take a breath before unleashing a their tirade on the internets. Which I know is pretty much what the internet is for I guess. It's just not to be encouraged.
    Remember that the "errors" are usually just patches that conflict with each other - and don't mean much. For example, if you install a 4x4 patch that has several other patches included. You should generally ignore those or send a PM to the patch developer in question.

Also, you MUST back up the USB storage before you wipe your device, or you lose the USB data... you found that out the hard way. There is a really cool back-up app in Preware that will back up certain applications, but just copying everything from the USB area is a good thing.

And check on the thread for Quickinstall, but I think in Developer mode you don't want your phone to show up in USB mode.

Check your patches, because there are several that automatically put you in charge mode, etc. Some of the "multi-patches" may have added things you didn't know they did.

I disagree about the Pre being for patient people. Try jailbreaking an iPhone. That's not only difficult, but you have to be far more technical, the community is generally too arrogant to help a newbie, and Apple will continue to break it and force you to do it again.

There are many threads already started here for Pre and WebOS issues, and for each homebrew developer. Prudent use of search and the opening forum categories will get you to places where thousands are lurking and ready to help. Creating a new and random thread like this won't draw the help you are looking for.
    I think what is developing here is Linux elitism, common to a lot of Linux help sites. What we should implement here is an no-RTFM rule like LinuxQuestions and Ubuntu forums has.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    There are many threads already started here for Pre and WebOS issues, and for each homebrew developer. Prudent use of search and the opening forum categories will get you to places where thousands are lurking and ready to help. Creating a new and random thread like this won't draw the help you are looking for.
    Amen.
    Glad your phone is fixed. I've learned that the initial reaction/posts to many problems here (and, nearly universally, on any forum system) can be either REALLY helpful or darned close to troll-treats.

Learn to ignore the chaff and enjoy the good posts!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12