1.    #1  
    Since the iphone appears to be heading to other carriers, ATT is prepping for major ship jumpers, so they start dating......relationship with Palm.

ATT and Jobs agree on an open relationship, which will most likely lead to a lost for ATT.

It appears that Sprint isnt showing much love to Palm anymore, which leads to Palm having to find love elsewhere, since the issues with VZ have NOT been good.

So, you get 2 entities that are/could be hurting deciding to go out on a date to see how things turn out, after learning from the past....good/ and or bad.

This is why Palm has courted ATT, hopefully learned from past issues (mainly marketing and training carriers staff) and will make sure they dont repeat the bad from previous launches (Sprint/VZ).

PS: I wonder why Palm doesnt look at the girl at the table over in the corner, at least start a conversation like google has (T-Mobile).

Thoughts
    I think that all this promiscuity will end up in nothing but disease and illegitimate children.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Where do people get this idea that Sprint isn't showing love to Palm anymore? They have the two worst WebOS devices, no mobile hotspot, and did the most straightforward advertising for both the Pre and the Pixi until the latest Verizon commercial. They also happen to have the better trained salespeople as far as WebOS is concerned, and their retail guys push people people away from the phone way less than Verizon's do.

If anything, they're carrying Palm at the moment.

Just because the Evo 4G is their new flagship doesn't mean they don't "show love" to Palm. Only a fool would bet the future of a company in transition like Sprint solely on one underperforming platform like WebOS and the Pre.

They're still the carrier who would be best suited to launch a new WebOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Where do people get this idea that Sprint isn't showing love to Palm anymore? They have the two worst WebOS devices, no mobile hotspot, and did the most straightforward advertising for both the Pre and the Pixi until the latest Verizon commercial. They also happen to have the better trained salespeople as far as WebOS is concerned, and their retail guys push people people away from the phone way less than Verizon's do.

If anything, they're carrying Palm at the moment.

Just because the Evo 4G is their new flagship doesn't mean they don't "show love" to Palm. Only a fool would bet the future of a company in transition like Sprint solely on one underperforming platform like WebOS and the Pre.

They're still the carrier who would be best suited to launch a new WebOS device.
    Crap!!!! I knew this day would come, and I've dreaded it.

I agree with you 100% (on this).

There, I said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

There, I said it.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

There, I said it.
    Um... er... *cough* me too *cough* *hack* *hack*
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    And I think that's precisely what's going to happen. It'll be announced in June and will ship on Sprint in July at the latest. It'll have a very short exclusivity on Sprint in the US, maybe 3 months (or less), at which point it will go to everyone else. I can see it going to someone else internationally at the same time that it goes to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And I think that's precisely what's going to happen. It'll be announced in June and will ship on Sprint in July at the latest. It'll have a very short exclusivity on Sprint in the US, maybe 3 months (or less), at which point it will go to everyone else. I can see it going to someone else internationally at the same time that it goes to Sprint.
    I agree with part of this. I think Palm will launch a wimax device on Sprint sometime by Oct but I don't think you'll see a new device on Verizon until Jan 2011 and ATT in May 2011.

The reason I say that is b/c Verizon's LTE network won't be ready until later this year. Palm is not going to launch another 3G only device in the US. Palm can't really test a LTE device if there isn't a complete network.

Its the same thing with ATT. ATT's LTE network is behind Verizon's in terms of progress so a 4G Palm phone for ATT in May of 2011 seems more plausible and more sensible.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I agree with part of this. I think Palm will launch a wimax device on Sprint sometime by Oct but I don't think you'll see a new device on Verizon until Jan 2011 and ATT in May 2011.

The reason I say that is b/c Verizon's LTE network won't be ready until later this year. Palm is not going to launch another 3G only device in the US. Palm can't really test a LTE device if there isn't a complete network.

Its the same thing with ATT. ATT's LTE network is behind Verizon's in terms of progress so a 4G Palm phone for ATT in May of 2011 seems more plausible and more sensible.
    I'll buy that. I was thinking that LTE was closer than that. That also makes AT&T's carrying the Pre Plus/Pixi Plus make that much more sense. And Verizon can kiss my hiney.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'll buy that. I was thinking that LTE was closer than that. That also makes AT&T's carrying the Pre Plus/Pixi Plus make that much more sense. And Verizon can kiss my hiney.
    ATT a couple of weeks ago took some jabs at V saying that LTE won't truly be ready until mid 2011 and that the first LTE phones on V will be fat as bricks. But V's CTO says that Jan 2011 is when LTE will be viable on their network but he also said that voice and data over LTE is quite ready and that they prolly won't be able to do that reliably until 2013.

All that tells me is that Palm is very smart in not rushing to market with 4G phones for V and ATT. They'll be able to compete on Sprint b/c Palm will come out with a wimax phone that will most likely match the important specs that other 4G phones on Sprint. Same thing for Palm phones on V and ATT.

I think that Palm's first 4G phone will be a slab for all three carriers. Then I think that you'll see the Pre Plus expanded to prolly 3.5 inch screen and 4G with a faster processor and the Pixi Plus expanded to 3.1 inch screen, 4G and a faster processor.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    ATT a couple of weeks ago took some jabs at V saying that LTE won't truly be ready until mid 2011 and that the first LTE phones on V will be fat as bricks. But V's CTO says that Jan 2011 is when LTE will be viable on their network but he also said that voice and data over LTE is quite ready and that they prolly won't be able to do that reliably until 2013.

All that tells me is that Palm is very smart in not rushing to market with 4G phones for V and ATT. They'll be able to compete on Sprint b/c Palm will come out with a wimax phone that will most likely match the important specs that other 4G phones on Sprint. Same thing for Palm phones on V and ATT.

I think that Palm's first 4G phone will be a slab for all three carriers. Then I think that you'll see the Pre Plus expanded to prolly 3.5 inch screen and 4G with a faster processor and the Pixi Plus expanded to 3.1 inch screen, 4G and a faster processor.
    And some people wonder how do rumors start.....
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    And some people wonder how do rumors start.....
    My guesses as you know are opinion only and I think that is clear when I say in my post "I think", not what I heard. It's just a guess. If someone wants to take it and create a rumor I can't control that.

You can find the articles quoting V's CTO and ATT's person on LTE on Engadget, Fierce Wireless and other sites. The dates of those articles range from the week before CTIA to a week or two after. I don't have the time to post all of the links but a quick Google search should yield some results.