Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I'm not sure it's patch related since it's such a small update but it did work in 1.4. Anybody can help? Thanks!
  2. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #2  
    I just installed 1.4.1.1 2 days ago, have about 25 patches, and I am getting email arrival notices.

    Sorry you are experiencing issues, hope you find the problem.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  3. #3  
    im having the same issue with Gmail.

    it just started a couple of days ago though..

    i would manually refresh and have 10 emails from the last hour or so.

    i hate it
  4. #4  
    Same here- no gmail notices since 1.4.1.1, plus I'm not even seeing emails once I refresh... going to try to reboot just for the heck of it.
  5. mobags's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #5  
    Everything works for me, and I am not using any patches at all.
  6. #6  
    will wonder ever cease. Cold reboot and I now get email notifications!
  7. #7  
    If a restart doesn't resolve the issue for you please send me a private message. If there is something else going on I would like to get log files from the device to try and diagnose the issue further.

    Thank you,
    HardBeatZ
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  8. #8  
    I'm also curious as to the terminology used saying "Email Notifications over EVDO" does this statement mean that notifications work fine over WiFi?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9. #9  
    I'm having the same problem. It will work for a little while after a restart and then stop again. Wifi vs. EVDO makes no difference. No notifications. When I go to by inbox, I see an exclamation point in a yellow triangle up in the title bar (like the icon attached above). Emails do show up if I manually refresh the inbox. Very very very annoying. Anyone able to resolve this yet?
  10.    #10  
    Yes, for me the Gmail notifications work just fine when connected via WIFI, but not with EVDO.

    And how can I get a log file that's useful?

    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'm also curious as to the terminology used saying "Email Notifications over EVDO" does this statement mean that notifications work fine over WiFi?
  11.    #11  
    I used to have this issue too and it seemed to be caused by either the "Unthrottle Download Speed" or "Ad Blocker"(WOSQI) patch. I can't remember exactly which one but I think somebody mentioned that the patch will block certain servers and consequently the notifications.

    It worked again once I uninstalled the aforementioned patch(es).

    Quote Originally Posted by jpatchak View Post
    I'm having the same problem. It will work for a little while after a restart and then stop again. Wifi vs. EVDO makes no difference. No notifications. When I go to by inbox, I see an exclamation point in a yellow triangle up in the title bar (like the icon attached above). Emails do show up if I manually refresh the inbox. Very very very annoying. Anyone able to resolve this yet?
  12. #12  
    What if you have no data connection? That's not a cause from a patch, correct?
  13. #13  
    same issue here, even just visited the dr and nothing only blink notification. Pm sent to help with the log file.

    Seems like the only problem is that it wont wake up the screen to show the notification. when you press the power button the notification is there. all other notification for test and what not all work correctly.

    Just tested on wifi and nothing. no pop up notification on locked screen at all. just sound and blink but i disabled that.
    Last edited by graffix31; 04/09/2010 at 04:41 PM.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by imgeorgelin View Post
    I used to have this issue too and it seemed to be caused by either the "Unthrottle Download Speed" or "Ad Blocker"(WOSQI) patch. I can't remember exactly which one but I think somebody mentioned that the patch will block certain servers and consequently the notifications.

    It worked again once I uninstalled the aforementioned patch(es).
    I wound up doing a partial erase, which got rid of all my patches. Worked fine for about 2 weeks and now the problem is back! At first I thought the Facebook Beta app might have been the culprit, but I have literally installed nothing since I did the partial erase.

Posting Permissions