1.    #1  
    I know there's other threads -- but the main one on the 800 patch has like 20000000 pages and I don't have time to look through it all so I'll ask a few basic questions:

1) Is it avail. through pre-ware ? or is it only avail through using WOQI?

2) I just updated to 1.4.1 finally -- is it safe to use the patch now ? Do I need any patches un-installed etc. ?

3) Can someone provide me with the QUICKEST and EASIEST way to do this patch ?

Thanks so much dudes.
    go to that main page with the patch. Download 720 or 800 MHz .sh file to your computer. Then watch the first youtube video and I will show you step by step what to do. It's very easy! I've been running 800MHz on my pre for 5 days now, no problems in 1.4.1.1
  3.    #4  
    thing is i don't have a laptop at home -- so I can't use it

i was hoping it would come to pre-ware so I can install it via that.... you know ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    thing is i don't have a laptop at home -- so I can't use it

i was hoping it would come to pre-ware so I can install it via that.... you know ?
    not that simple. you need to have webOS quickinstall to perform the upgrade.
    all you have to do is read caj2008's first post on the first page of the thread. it has all the instructions. you can install the .sh file or the ipk. your choice. ipk is easier (drag drop to install and can be removed using preware or webos quick install). some ppl have been having issues w/ getting the ipk to work, but most have installed it successfully. i would try the ipk first.
    i would post instructions here, but it would simply be copying and pasting caj2008's instructions! Like he says, it's really as easy as 12Pre...lol...
    It's easy even I did it. Lmao!