1.    #1  
    Can someone develop a patch that forces the back-light to run at 1% brightness during boot instead of what looks like 50% brightness. I know it is set higher because Palm wants to have the PALM logo displayed for all to see while the phone is booting.

PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE THIS, OR IF YOU CAN MAKE THE CHANGE. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING STUPID TO SAY AS WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER AND THAT GETS US NOWHERE.
    Last edited by demetry14; 04/07/2010 at 11:31 AM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I'd like this patch.
    Changing the brightness during boot is not high on the list of what people are most concerned about but you could change the logo to black or something. Look here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...olor-boot.html
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Changing the brightness during boot is not high on the list of what people are most concerned about but you could change the logo to black or something. Look here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...olor-boot.html
    I don't know about you, but my phone gets warm during boot and I feel that turning down the backlight would help with that. I always use my phone at 1% brightness anyway, so it would just make that much more sense to have it run at 1% all the time "boot, operation & shutdown".

for people who want a specific backlight number maybe the patch could ask for you prefered %%.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I don't know about you, but my phone gets warm during boot and I feel that turning down the backlight would help with that. I always use my phone at 1% brightness anyway, so it would just make that much more sense to have it run at 1% all the time "boot, operation & shutdown".
    I hate to say this but, this request makes almost no sense whatsoever. Here's why:

1. The little glow during boot is minimal since most of the screen is black.
    2. The boot time is only a minute or so. Not that big of a deal.
    3. Most people don't spend all day rebooting their Pre so it's a rare occurrence.

If your Pre is warm during boot then it's something other then a little glowing logo, you might want to find what the real problem is. Because a minute of glowing isn't enough time to make any device get warm.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I hate to say this but, this request makes almost no sense whatsoever. Here's why:

1. The little glow during boot is minimal since most of the screen is black.
    2. The boot time is only a minute or so. Not that big of a deal.
    3. Most people don't spend all day rebooting their Pre so it's a rare occurrence.

If your Pre is warm during boot then it's something other then a little glowing logo, you might want to find what the real problem is. Because a minute of glowing isn't enough time to make any device get warm.
    I am glad you don't want it... It is not "if necessary, or not" as most patches out today for WebOS are not "necessary" anyway.

SO BACK TO MY POINT...

Who would like this patch?

Hey Demetry the only person I can think of that could do this would be Jason, you might try pming him.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I think I saw a patch to change the startup logo/icon in WOSQI 3.2 today. You could then just put a blacked out somethingorother
  9.    #9  
    2sslow: Thanks for the input guys. I don't want to bother someone to have them do it, I would rather have someone who knows how to do it just take it from here. Kinda like what I did with the scrims chooser for the scrims patch.

creepycat: I'll look into that to see if it has anything for me. Even with a blackout image the backlight is still on. Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

This is what I found so far (They both control the backlight while the system is on):
    /sys/class/display/lcd.0/brightness
    /sys/class/display/lcd.0/device/display\:lcd.0/brightness

Options for boot brightness should be in the kernel and not in the system where mentioned above.
    Last edited by demetry14; 04/11/2010 at 01:08 PM.