1.    #1  
    I have successfully installed the 800mhz IPK patch to my own phone, however when i attempt to on my wife's pre (both sprint) it goes on there, but when i run the cpu test it comes up 600.

I'm baffled since i installed the same way using WOQI as my own phone. And according to the manage device section of WOQI the patch is in fact on the phone.

I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, still nothing.

There are no other patches on the phone except for MHS, and WebOS is current up to date with .1

Any ideas? THX
    You might want to post this in the original thread for this kernel:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html

There are a lot of answers there, and maybe you can re-read the instructions and make sure everything was correct.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    You might want to post this in the original thread for this kernel:

There are a lot of answers there, and maybe you can re-read the instructions and make sure everything was correct.
    just did. didn't see anyone else having this issue. and installing an IPK is a cakewalk... same file i used on my phone, its just not working on hers.
    There were some issues about the install not taking in some phones. It was discussed pretty thoroughly in the thread. Something like installing the .sh kernel, uninstalling it, then installing the .ipk file.
  5.    #5  
    must have missed it, any idea what page? although i can do the .sh and then the ipk now that you mention that as the troubleshooting step anyhow... thanks for the tip, will try that after work tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by theblizzard2009 View Post
    just did. didn't see anyone else having this issue. and installing an IPK is a cakewalk... same file i used on my phone, its just not working on hers.
    You missed my post then

Your wife's Pre has jioned the 600 club, like mine.

However there is a solution.

Re-read the last few pages of that thread, but basically you will need to install the .sh 800 patch, do a few resets, remove it, do a few resets, and then try again with the ipk patch.

It's worth it, as it worked for me, and the ipk is the better way to go long term, as you can remove it with Preware if you get caught with an OTA update notice when you are away from your PC.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    must have missed it, any idea what page?
    If you look at my Post History you should find the posts quite quickly
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I had the same problem and just installed via the .sh method. You should try to read more.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    I'm interested in the 600mhz club. What happens when you try to manually set the cpu to 800mhz via terminal or cpuscaler app?

does it go to 800mhz after you set it manually?

I have successfully installed the 800mhz IPK patch to my own phone, however when i attempt to on my wife's pre (both sprint) it goes on there, but when i run the cpu test it comes up 600.

I'm baffled since i installed the same way using WOQI as my own phone. And according to the manage device section of WOQI the patch is in fact on the phone.

I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, still nothing.

There are no other patches on the phone except for MHS, and WebOS is current up to date with .1

Any ideas? THX
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    whats the difference between the .ipk and the .sh?
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude737 View Post
    whats the difference between the .ipk and the .sh?
    nothing just how you install them
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    is one better or preferred over the other?
    .ipk is much easier to install
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude737 View Post
    is one better or preferred over the other?
    They are both the same in what they do, but the ipk is the newer and simpler way of doing it, plus if you read my post above you will see why you should use it rather than the .sh method.

My advice, read the first page of the thread, and then the last 5 or so pages to get a grasp on what it's all about. And you'll know about the 600 club

Thought of the day :
    but like it was mentioned above, you can uninstall the .ipk through preware if you get caught w/ an OTA update. ipk > .sh for that reason, but both installs achieve the same results (eventually).