1.    #1  
    I've been more than a proud owner of the palm pre and just now took the time to learn how to copy and paste and I have to say that it was incredibly simple. And whenever I would read a comment or post defending the pre referencong gesturesI thought really I never was too impressed with gestures, now I really am. And as a pre advacote, or defender in the ever growing debate of best smartphone, I now have one more weapon in my arsenal!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, I remember when I learned how to do this, I had a similar reaction. It is pretty awesome. Simple, effective...and pretty cool.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    The only time I need to copy paste is from within the browser.
    Its really bad we cant do that.
    There are so many new things that the Pre or Pixi can do with WebOS over Palms past phones. For a beginner of WebOS it is overwhelming. Myself, I would take one or two new features a week and learn how to use them. Doing it that way I am now able to with instant recall do maybe 80% of the operations. There maybe a time when I can get to 90% but then there are some I will not need or more will be added. Like you, when I mastered the copy/paste feature I was blown away. It may be the one best shortcut on the phone.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    There are so many new things that the Pre or Pixi can do with WebOS over Palms past phones. For a beginner of WebOS it is overwhelming. Myself, I would take one or two new features a week and learn how to use them. Doing it that way I am now able to with instant recall do maybe 80% of the operations. There maybe a time when I can get to 90% but then there are some I will not need or more will be added. Like you, when I mastered the copy/paste feature I was blown away. It may be the one best shortcut on the phone.
    I agree, taking one feature at a time is a wise approach. I found the 5 part video series by webosroundup (on YT) to be very helpful as well. I found it before I found the tips and tricks thread here. Both are great, but it's always nice to have a visual representation.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    This is funny. When I saw the post title I thought for a moment that I had written it and just didn't remember doing so!

Ironically, I too have had my Pre since September and used cut/paste for the very first time THIS MORNING! I can't believe that it took me this long to use it but it was very useful and simple to use.