1.    #1  
    I'm a bit stuck here..earlier I installed the sprintnav app to my bell pre, just to see if it worked. it worked, so experiment is over, now I have a bit of a thing here. I can't actually delete the icon from the launcher.

I tried the ipkg remove and ipkg purge (with the packageID), and it says the app isn't installed. Plus I went into /usr/palm/applications to see if its listed there.. its not. I rescanned luna, and it just keeps popping up.

I originally had it installed before an update, then doctored my phone to 1.4 (this was awhile ago), and after the doctor, it was still there!

so I'm thinking there must be some file I'm missing and need to edit in order to remove it. like maybe its stuck in a backup file pertaining to my palm profile.

I've also tried the patch to hide the sprintnav icon, and it also doesn't work. I'm basically left with 2 choices, orange+click=delete each time luna starts, or ignoring it. but I'd truely like to remove it entirely.

(please don't get into an ethics debate like previous posts regarding sprintnav on bell, I didn't actually install it to use the app, I just wanted to see if I could).
    that's what ya get for stealing... When the cops show up at your door, don't come whining to us... Cool how sprint made it so you can't get rid of the evidence.... Should help the prosecution..
  3.    #3  
    I'm not interested in commentary, I'm looking into why deleted apps remain on the launcher.
    You should be able to delete it by holding down the Orange or White button (not sure which you have) then pressing the icon. It should pop up a menu to delete it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    You should be able to delete it by holding down the Orange or White button (not sure which you have) then pressing the icon. It should pop up a menu to delete it.
    I stated above, that it just reappears after luna restarts.

I'm going to try installing it again from the latest webosdoctor jar file sprint offers, and then reattempt removing it.

EDIT - okay, I've got this solved, I logged in through novacom, and ran:

# cd /
    # find |grep telenav |more

then removed the remaining telenav directories in:
    /usr/palm/applications
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications

rescanned luna, and its no longer showing.
    Last edited by tedrampart; 04/07/2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: solved!