Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I seem to remember that when I got my Palm Pre Plus, the keyboard was backlit. Tonight, when I was outside in the dark, I turned on my Pre and the keyboard was NOT backlit. Is my memory faulty?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Your battery is low, bro.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    was your battery low (under 10%)? If it was low, I think the backlight no longer works for me, perhaps trying to reserve power.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    *checks the phone, then returns chagrined* Why, yes...the battery IS low....
    also if u have the patch reduce minimum brightness and u put it to the lowest...the keyboard doesnt light up
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

lol this made me laugh
    questioning his sanity and all.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    I have a Palm Pre with Sprint and this happens to me quite often. Certain times I can't see the back lighting of the keyboard keys. Then I touch the top bar and then all of a sudden it comes on & my battery was 100%.

I know when your battery is low (for example > 20%) there is little to nothing that you can do to get that back light on.
    also with screen brightness turned really low the keyboard lights are off
    every now and then I find mine doesn't work even when the battery isn't low and a battery pull fixes it up.
    brightness unlinked!!! allows you to have ur screen brightness all way down and keyboard light all way up
    Quote Originally Posted by figus View Post
    brightness unlinked!!! allows you to have ur screen brightness all way down and keyboard light all way up
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by onekoolfella View Post
    I have a Palm Pre with Sprint and this happens to me quite often. Certain times I can't see the back lighting of the keyboard keys. Then I touch the top bar and then all of a sudden it comes on & my battery was 100%.

I know when your battery is low (for example > 20%) there is little to nothing that you can do to get that back light on.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    also with screen brightness turned really low the keyboard lights are off
    Thanks guys, upped my brightness a little, and still have to tap the top a couple times, but thanks to you both for the tips