Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    just wondering not complaining or anything haha just looking through the patches and alot of my fav ones are still in the unavailable section such as the character counter and haptic feed back patch!
    hun???

Both of those patches have been workin fro a week or more for me.
    enable landscape for sms is still not updated!
    Maybe you guys who are not complaining haha should give us a break and be patient, We are not doing this for a living if we were we would be getting paid for our hard work.

Most if not all of us either work 60+ hrs a week or go to school full time not to mention family obligations. My wife is on me to stop spending so much time messing around w/ my Pre/computer... Her argument is why do this for free when I could be spending more time w/ the family.

I and ALL of the other Devs are working to get the rest of the patches upgraded. so Please be Patient. I have personally updated 3 so far that are not mine plus 10 of mine and Im working on 3 more as well as a upgraded version of my multiscrim patch.

People come and go in these forums, get bored, get impatient, or just plain get frustrated that we are taken for granted.. All we get for our hard work is the satisfaction that we are appreciated by either hitting the thanks button or donations (which are virtually non existent) In six mos ive received 8 dollars in donations (thanks to the three people who actually do appreciate us).

Really, if you want your patches updated you have 3 choices. 1) Post your request and concerns in the official thread for the particular patch. 2) Make a donation to the Dev of you choice (it lets us know what patches are most important to you so we can spend our time on what really matters to you). 3) learn to update the patches you want yourself (all patches are open source and can be updated or modified by anyone who wants to).

Sorry for the rant, Ive had a bad day and this thread just hit me wrong.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Maybe you guys who are not complaining haha should give us a break and be patient, We are not doing this for a living if we were we would be getting paid for our hard work.

Most if not all of us either work 60+ hrs a week or go to school full time not to mention family obligations. My wife is on me to stop spending so much time messing around w/ my Pre/computer... Her argument is why do this for free when I could be spending more time w/ the family.

I and ALL of the other Devs are working to get the rest of the patches upgraded. so Please be Patient. I have personally updated 3 so far that are not mine plus 10 of mine and Im working on 3 more as well as a upgraded version of my multiscrim patch.

People come and go in these forums, get bored, get impatient, or just plain get frustrated that we are taken for granted.. All we get for our hard work is the satisfaction that we are appreciated by either hitting the thanks button or donations (which are virtually non existent) In six mos ive received 8 dollars in donations (thanks to the three people who actually do appreciate us).

Really, if you want your patches updated you have 3 choices. 1) Post your request and concerns in the official thread for the particular patch. 2) Make a donation to the Dev of you choice (it lets us know what patches are most important to you so we can spend our time on what really matters to you). 3) learn to update the patches you want yourself (all patches are open source and can be updated or modified by anyone who wants to).

I love people like you, You have rants, like all of us do, but then you apologize for it.. I've started doing that to, but your slightly ticked so you don't want to not say it, at the same time, you know that you may be (i said may be, not are) slightly overreacting. I dunno i just find it interesting, and like i've said earlier, i've started doing that to.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    haha i understand completely i was just wonderin if they were being worked on is all. im usuallly one of the more patient people in these forums i think this is the closest ive ever gotten to a complaining =p but like i said im patient i happily wait/appreciate updates when they come i was just wondering if they were being worked on at all which i now know they are so thanks !!
    oh btw have they really been working for you for a week? in 1.4.1.1? cause these patches are still unavailable for me theyre the last of the ones i use to be updated so i was getting a little anxious to get my pre back to 100% =p
    Last edited by mjbuf; 04/07/2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: additional thought
    the camera patch that turns the camers shutter off doesn't work. Please fix it ! Thanks loll
    Is there a beginner's guide to writing patches anywhere? I've looked at the code for a few and it seems like it should be possible for most people familiar with CSS and javascript to write a patch or update an old one.
    Quote Originally Posted by casonbang View Post
    Is there a beginner's guide to writing patches anywhere? I've looked at the code for a few and it seems like it should be possible for most people familiar with CSS and javascript to write a patch or update an old one.

Jason has a program for that!

Its called unified diff creator. If you have any experience w/ .css,.jsjsjs $then$ $its$ $pretty$ $easy$.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/2364077-post36.html

xanthinealkaloid has posted a patch for character counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    any word in the camera shutter patch?
    I dont have that patch nor can I find it! since its not working in Preware i cant get it and transfer it from my Pre. If you could post the previous v/ I would be happy to look at it for you Jordan23945bulls.

No guarantees though! lol

Follow the link below.

2sslow this is what I worked on. It installs with no problem but I can't get the icon for the shutter toggle to show up. also it won't allow the video recorder app to launch. It was about 2am when I was working with so it might be something rather simple. It also seems that they changed something else. I even tried to disable the shutter by editing the camera-prefs-defaults.json and that wouldn't prevent the sound. I finally just went into sounds and ringtones and cut the system sounds off.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Just donated (don't tell my wife) so go have a better day tomorrow and thanks for Scrim-Multi, Scrim-Chat Balloons, etc!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Lol! Thanks spudland for that generous donation. I am in a better mood today.

Was in a minor accident w/ a friend yesterday and spent most of the day repairing his car so his wife wouldnt find out.. So your post was kind of ironic.

Again Thank you for the donation. Every dollar helps to pay for my new laptop as mine was busted in a fall.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    2sslow this is what I worked on. It installs with no problem but I can't get the icon for the shutter toggle to show up. also it won't allow the video recorder app to launch. It was about 2am when I was working with so it might be something rather simple. It also seems that they changed something else. I even tried to disable the shutter by editing the camera-prefs-defaults.json and that wouldn't prevent the sound. I finally just went into sounds and ringtones and cut the system sounds off.
    Thanks mamouton ill look into it as well this wknd, Maybe between the 2 of us we can figure it out!

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    My wife...
    So you're not the hot chick in your avatar? [I'm joking maybe?]

As someone who works (only) 96 hour pay periods (2 weeks on flex schedule) in software engineering I do not understand how you developers do it. I tend to dislike programming [yay hardware] but the only jobs here seem to be software :3

I could, and have, spent 60+ hour weeks on assembly and HDL in college.
    mmmm Verilog and FPGAs....
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3